Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain how Connections work? Feeling lost.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain how Connections work? Feeling lost.

As the title reads, I'm a bit lost when it comes to how Connections work in Scion 2e. Could someone clarify the rules for me, please. Not understanding them as written. Might be missing something. Might also just be dumb.

I get that you can call on your connections based on your Paths, and that companions are built when they are called on, but do you then save those and improve on them when next you call on those same ones? Do you remake them every time? Help please.

Ah, that was something that someone asked Neall on the Discord. IIRC, the thing is that you assign a couple dots on your Connection, and those dots last until the end of the session.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
      Ah, that was something that someone asked Neall on the Discord. IIRC, the thing is that you assign a couple dots on your Connection, and those dots last until the end of the session.

Thank you so much.

Comment

What determines how much dots you get tho. It says 2 per invocation which I gather it means you using it but can't you only use it once anyway?

Comment

You can potentially use it LOTS of times, actually.

Once for free.
          Once again, also basically for free, but giving you the Suspended condition.
          You can then use it again, at a small penalty, providing the Revocation Condition.

BUT, that said, there are rules in the Suspended Condition to resolve that condition via actions during the session. Not, like, HEAVY rules but it implies you can do it. So you can potentially use your contacts more than three times.

That said, 6 dice of contacts is nothing to laugh at.

Comment

I’ve got a question - I understand stacking up uses through the Conditions, but I’m not clear whether you get 1 use of Connections safely per session or 1 use of each Path’s Connections per session. Do the Paths work independently - Ie., a Player can pull Connections three times in a session by spreading them around? That seems like a lot.

Also, does calling on Assets count as using the Connection for that Path? The rules are unclear/contradictory on that point.

Comment

Originally posted by darchon45 View Post
              I’ve got a question - I understand stacking up uses through the Conditions, but I’m not clear whether you get 1 use of Connections safely per session or 1 use of each Path’s Connections per session. Do the Paths work independently - Ie., a Player can pull Connections three times in a session by spreading them around? That seems like a lot.

Also, does calling on Assets count as using the Connection for that Path? The rules are unclear/contradictory on that point.
              I personally would rule each path counts separately before starting to stack up with Conditions, given that sometimes you need to establish other contacts or different things depending on the Path.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X