Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are you playing? How is game going?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you playing? How is game going?

Curious about this, and so I asked in the title. Also, how are your PCs? How are your adventures? If somebody is playing online, how it is going? What program/platform are you using?

And, most of all: How are general opinions about Scion 2nd?

So, I'm only a couple games in, but my group is awesome. I started them off in New Orleans, but they're currently bussing to NYC. A couple are really new to RPGs but they adapted quickly. The storypath system really reduces the numbers game of character creation, and I love that I don't have to give them X dollars for every encounter. We are an IRL game, and the characters are varied and so far everyone is having fun. Personally, I love Scion 2e for making a system that it's gonna be real hard to minmax. That and lack of a currency system means it's all roleplay, but there's enough dice throwing to get that viceral excitement.

Comment

Update: note that the new system does not stop your players from doing really stupid stuff.....like assaulting a police officer for no reason in front of a bus full of witnesses....*sigh*

Comment

My players are going well

I used Centralia (pennsylvania ) as HUB or motherbase.

(The humans doesn't know yet that the gods exists, there will be a revelation in the nearly future)

the story hook is: the scions are hunted by govern special unit called W.O.L.F.. Zeno Guerra, son of ares, is creating a community where scion can live free and without the fear of being murdered, where they can raise their children...And an army to face the problem.

My players are part of this community.

Of course Centralia have little big problem, divine and not, to handle

Is like a... Open World Campaign, where the aim is to keep safe the scions community, trying to not start a war.

About the system, we love it

We love how marvels can let us do everything we want without troubles. (maybe houseruling a bit, but it's ok)

Comment

I really hope someone make a Roll20 sheet so I can play in there. Still not played (much probably I'll have to GM around here), but I think the system will get some people stuck. Nothing too serious, I hope.

I really want some thing like a "Quickstart" (I think there was a "Jumpstart" in the Kickstater). Something with an adventure simple but that can show to people what is Scion 2nd. Something like 10 minutes to explain the system, 20/30 minutes to create characters and 2 h of episodic adventure (start, action, end).

Comment

Going for a fast play here. The players are in a classic Invade the Castle, Kill the Bad Guy and Save the Princess in a island in India. Going well, so far, still adapting to the rules of the game, some players are complaining of lack of rules (like how to block with a weapon and what are the limits of Marvels), but they are liking. Specially the ones that like more the storrytelling and the freedom of the World.

So far we have a Priestess Scion of Vishnu, a mercenary Scion of Tyr and his group of merry mercenaries, a Kitsune Scion of Inari, a robot forged man Scion of Ogum, and a French Firefighter Scion of Sobek.
            Last edited by Manbat; 07-25-2018, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayashi View Post
              I really hope someone make a Roll20 sheet so I can play in there. Still not played (much probably I'll have to GM around here), but I think the system will get some people stuck. Nothing too serious, I hope.

I really want some thing like a "Quickstart" (I think there was a "Jumpstart" in the Kickstater). Something with an adventure simple but that can show to people what is Scion 2nd. Something like 10 minutes to explain the system, 20/30 minutes to create characters and 2 h of episodic adventure (start, action, end).
              I wonder if this would be difficult to do with Scion. With the lack of rules, your PCs are responsible for determining what they can and can't do, which isn't necessarily something you can teach in 30 min. Experienced players should be able to pick it up, but this may actually be a weakness to the system. I'm not sure you can really showcase what you can do in Scion, because there's essentially no limits to the possibilities. I mean, I love that aspect, and my newbie players are really enjoying it, but it's taken us a couple games to really get rolling (no pun intended) and we are a far cry from them trying to make up their own stunts and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracheau View Post

I wonder if this would be difficult to do with Scion. With the lack of rules, your PCs are responsible for determining what they can and can't do, which isn't necessarily something you can teach in 30 min. Experienced players should be able to pick it up, but this may actually be a weakness to the system. I'm not sure you can really showcase what you can do in Scion, because there's essentially no limits to the possibilities. I mean, I love that aspect, and my newbie players are really enjoying it, but it's taken us a couple games to really get rolling (no pun intended) and we are a far cry from them trying to make up their own stunts and whatnot.
                Ah, but if you're using pregenerated characters...

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I'm currently writing a new campaign for when hero drops, my players are looking at the material and having a think about the direction their characters would like to go in once made. They'll be starting in the UK, loosely associated with Cambridge University and being invited to join an Archeological Expedition to the middle east/northern India. I have plans from there but don't really want to discuss them on the forums where they may see. Regardless, other elements will involve a Corporation known as Titan Industries, which has certain subsidiaries that hunt down titan cults and titan spawn (mortal mercs) and the characters are going to wind up involved with that.

Comment

I'm currently running a game with 4 players, each from a different pantheon (a reflavored kistune monkey son of Sarutahiko who pretends to be an old man, a righteous avenger son of Anubis who was born with a jackal's head and was raised by a cult, a self-absorbed rock-god son of Aphrodite and a weapons master daughter of Lugh Lamfada who wants to be a great general). The main antagonist is Crom Cruach, who is an Irish titan that was sealed away millenia ago. From his prison he has sent 13 heralds with each of them having a stone obelisk where if given time they'll summon their god back to destroy the world.

Just finished the first session recently. Highlights were all of the characters intentionally or not taking a potent drug called pixie dust (which is actually pixie dust, technically pixie poo, mixed with ecstasy) that made them have super strange hallucinations and act really weird (the son of Sarutahiko vandalized a Buddhist temple by drawing penises everywhere with his sentient monkey friend, the son of Anubis dressed up poorly as superman and 'fought crime' by beating up a dumpster in an alleyway). There were a pair of rival pixie groups, one was roleplaying as Italian mafia, calling themselves created guys (made men) serving the good father (they take it in turns to be the good father) and being generally just shit at actually being criminals (they collect candy as a protection racket where failing to pay involves having them draw rude pictures on your walls), the other was pretend cops who had taken over a toy store and set up their headquarters in a large toy police station. The cops did stuff like running away from an exploding barbie's dream house in slow motion and shooting the mafia pixies with paintball guns.

Hopefully going to run session 2 this weekend where they'll confront the person behind this weird and dangerous drug (and fight her absurd minions).

Comment

Working...
                    X