No announcement yet.

The Demonic Pantheon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I edited the Titans in the Titanomachy style. Please let me know what you think.

Comment

...Is it bad that I'm only really interested in playing a Titanic Scion with this now?

Comment

I'm not sure that El allows his Angels to sire/bear children anymore, especially after the Grigori debacle.

Comment

Cain (Guide .....)

Cain is a complex figure, and really always has been. Half-brother to Asmodeus, first-born son of Adam and Eve, Cain was born after the ill-fated Eden Experiment. His parents had been banished from Paradise and left to wander what is now the Near-East. He and his siblings grew up having to learn-to invent-the arts of agriculture and animal husbandry, while struggling to survive an Earth that did not give them everything like it had their parents. Not helping matters was the fact that Adam was bitter after being cast from Eden, and took out that bitterness on his wife and children, creating an anger in Cain that never really died.

Cain was the eldest child, but he had a brother, Abel. As well as a twin sister, and Abel's twin sisters. When they came of age, Cain proposed that he would marry one of Abel's sisters, Aclima, while Abel would marry Cain's twin Awan. In this way would they carry on the special bloodline of Eden. When Abel refused, Cain's anger began to build. He coveted the beautiful Aclima and would not take no for an answer. Abel suggested bringing the matter before El's judgment, in the days before Lilith freed the Demons to walk the Earth. Cain didn't want to, but Abel convinced him. They each brought the produce of their labor, Cain from his farm and Abel from his sheep herd. El judged Abel the winner and that's when Cain's anger bubbled over. He struck his brother with a stone, killing him, and for this act was labeled the First Murderer. El cursed Cain in such a way that all would know him for what he was and placed the legendary "Mark of Cain" on him: Should he be killed, the killer would be visited by El's wrath seven times over.

At this point Cain took Awan and stormed off, done with El and his judgments. They traveled to the Land of Nod, east of Eden, and there settled in amongst the more normal humans who hadn't been "blessed" by El's patronage. Cain and Awan had several children of their own, and despite Cain's deformity, his force of personality led in time to him becoming a leader of men. He began to build a legend for himself, and founded a city in Nod. Cain and Awan's children would become mighty figures in the time before the Great Flood that wiped out the Nephilim. Cain, being a Demigod at the time of the Flood, attempted to save the world of his descendants by constructing a Terra Incognitae, but the metaphysical space collapsed, killing him in the backlash.

Standing before Phanuel, the Angel of Judgment, Cain cursed El and spit on his works. Phanuel banished him to Hell, where Lucifer assigned him to his elite bodyguard for one specific reason. It turned out that the Mark of Cain had never been rescinded. Since Cain had not died due to violence, El's curse of sevenfold vengeance was not activated. In fact, it remains in abeyance until the time Cain is *killed*. Lucifer and Cain find it hilarious that El can be tripped up by a loophole in his own "perfect" judgment. Cain has spent the centuries since the Great Flood in intense training under Belial and Asmodeus. He has become a master of weapons, unarmed combat, psychological warfare, and spycraft. Lucifer often sends him on missions where Lucifer himself would be too conspicuous. He also serves as an indication of the Prince of Darkness's attention. If Cain shows up somewhere, it means the Lightbringer has taken an interest. Having lost his family and all he loved long ago, Cain has nothing to lose and doesn't hold back in battle. His one hope is to be present at the Final Battle, where he plans to do a suicide run on either Michael or El himself and let the Mark of Cain take them down.

Callings: Guardian, Hunter, Warrior
          Purviews: Beauty, Chaos, Death, Epic Strength, Epic Stamina, Fertility.
          Last edited by Mysteris; 09-17-2021, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysteris View Post
            I'm not sure that El allows his Angels to sire/bear children anymore, especially after the Grigori debacle.
            Titanic Scions don't necessarily have to be Born any more than regular Scions have to be.

Comment

They don't? Hm. Then it might be interesting to see an Angelic Scion.

Comment

Personally I’m waiting to see the full Saint and Prophet rules to see how fully they cover the holy humans of Abrahamic tradition before deciding if non-Nephilim angelic Scions are a thing. Because if those rules have it fully covered I’ll go with “any Angelic Scion regardless of Origin is Nephilim and a forbidden crime by HaShem”.

But that’s just my take.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I can see that angels probably are banned from siring children with humans, since the incident with Nephilim far back in history. But I can definitely see a case for Created and Incarnated Scions, and especially Chosen ones.

I had a player play as a Catholic Scion who was chosen by an angel to be a soldier of God. It was extremely interesting to force the character to work together with Scions of Loki, Odin and Ares and see the drama unfold.

Comment

Hello everyone! It's been a while again.

I haven't forgotten this project. Demigod just came out to backers, and I'm considering doing more with this once we have the God document that's in the works. That way we'll have the full ruleset for Gods, as well as other beings (such as those coming in Saints and Monsters). Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Just glancing at the title, wouldn't you need multiple demonic pantheons? Not every demon is known/feared everywhere. I could see a Western demonic pantheon, a closely related Islamic demonic pantheon, India would have one, Africa would have several. The Buddhist demons would have a very different relationship with their deities than the Westerners or Islam.

Comment

That's very true, and likely to work it's way into the revised writeup.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
                          Just glancing at the title, wouldn't you need multiple demonic pantheons? Not every demon is known/feared everywhere. I could see a Western demonic pantheon, a closely related Islamic demonic pantheon, India would have one, Africa would have several. The Buddhist demons would have a very different relationship with their deities than the Westerners or Islam.
                          The concepts behind this Pantheon is to take the traditional Abrahamic Pantheon and flip it on its head: Lucifer and his followers are the gods, and the angelic host are the Titans. The idea is that with this pantheon, the gods lost their Titanomachy.

Comment

Working...
                          X