Homebrew Aesir: Hodur, the Blind God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post
    I like it. On the mythology front, I did hear one thing that the only image believed to be of Hod depicts him as a strong, non-blind warrior and the blind reference may have been a poetic kenning for him being Loki's unwitting pawn,
    Strong is definitely true, warrior probably. The blindness...well, the story literally involves Hod telling Loki that he isn't participating in the game of throwing shit at Baldr because he can't actually see his brother, and therefore can't take part. So that seems unlikely, though possible through various filters from whatever Hod was originally.

Comment

Originally posted by MorsRattus View Post

Strong is definitely true, warrior probably. The blindness...well, the story literally involves Hod telling Loki that he isn't participating in the game of throwing shit at Baldr because he can't actually see his brother, and therefore can't take part. So that seems unlikely, though possible through various filters from whatever Hod was originally.
      Fair enough. Was just one theory I read somewhere. When you have a religion that lasted that long over that wide an area for a people with limited written word documentation things can get a mite fuzzy.

Comment

Working...
      X