Backer version of Hero just dropped!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
    Also, am I blind, or are there no mechanics for the various types (Born, Chosen, etc) of Scion?
    There isn't. Because for the most part they all function pretty much the same, any differences is brought through by Paths and even then you dont have it streamed line. The only that really is supposed to be different though is Incarnate, I remember Neall once saying he wished to detail rules about them in God but I'm not sure if that still holds up.

Comment

I think "different mechanics for the different types of Scion's" is one of those things that, you know, WAS going to be a thing but which they thankfully thought better of and dropped.

It's just a flavor thing.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
        Also, am I blind, or are there no mechanics for the various types (Born, Chosen, etc) of Scion?
        There aren’t any at this point. The Incarnate are going to have a special relationship with Fate as they scale up, because the narrative of the divinity they’re inheriting is so strong; but other than that they all work the same way and only vary as individuals as far as we know.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
          There isn't. Because for the most part they all function pretty much the same, any differences is brought through by Paths and even then you dont have it streamed line. The only that really is supposed to be different though is Incarnate, I remember Neall once saying he wished to detail rules about them in God but I'm not sure if that still holds up.
          Last I remember hearing, we’re getting a bit of an expansion on them in the Companion because that is exclusively how Nemetondevos Scions exist.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by HighPriest View Post

I'm guessing that Freya is the woman holding the animals, which to me looks like cats? Freya's cart/chariot is sometimes described as being pulled by cats, so that's my assumption at least. That said, she's dressed the most conservatively, and she's traditionally the Norse's lust goddess so... that does seem off. Could be Frigg? But I'm not really aware of a cat connection. The blonde's got to be Sif. Pretty much the only mention she gets in the whole mythology is the color of her hair.
            Ah, cats! I'll bet you're right, it is a cat and therefore makes it Freya. That makes her fit more with the description. Doesn't explain why Sif is hanging by Odin dressed like Elsa, And why Frigg is lookin' all "matronly" by Tyr, but that still clears some things up. And as clever as the modern boardroom version is, it doesn't help me figure out who is who in the classic version.

Having looked at all the Pantheons, some of the pictures for them are definitely better than others. I think I like the Theoi and Shen the best; the former is hilarious because there's clearly a story going on there (I love Artemis and Athena's "over it" looks as Ares and Poseidon fight), and the Shen art is just lovely and stylistically appropriate; I'm wondering how the "modern" one is going to look. The others I'm more "that pretty good" or at least "meh" on, but I can at least figure out who most everyone is supposed to be between the classic and modern versions. Also, is it just me, or is someone missing from the Netjer picture?

Comment

I have to be missing something, but in the Callings and Knacks section of Character Creation it says that a hero has two dots in one calling and one in each of the other two, but all of the pregen characters have five and in the traits section there are a few mentions of a Legend 1 Hero having 5 dots. Seems like there should be a mention of one more dot to throw in somewhere, but I don't see where it is.

Comment

Hey folks, if you’re going to comment on the artwork, please be sure to keep it respectful. Avoid value judgments like “horrible” and stick to expressions of personal preference like “not my style.”

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

I really wish the example Relics would clearly break down the point value of each individual trait of the relic, instead of just giving the total cost. Even Scion: Hero 1e listed the point values of a relic's unique power(s).

Comment

Guys,can anyone help me identify who is Baldr in the Aesir art?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                      Guys,can anyone help me identify who is Baldr in the Aesir art?
                      Follow the line of sight from the mistletoe's scope :3
                      I think in the mythic picture its the one on the far left with the plant, in the mordern one I think its either the one on the left holding his glasses or the one just past the guy reaching for the wolf figure. At least to my figuring since those two seem to be dressed the least upscale to me of that group.

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                        Follow the line of sight from the mistletoe's scope :3
                        I think in the mythic picture its the one on the far left with the plant, in the mordern one I think its either the one on the left holding his glasses or the one just past the guy reaching for the wolf figure. At least to my figuring since those two seem to be dressed the least upscale to me of that group.
                        I thought the one with the plant was freyr?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                          I thought the one with the plant was freyr?
                          Possible, I'm not sure. I mean Baldr's appearance isn't actually that notable among gods, I mean exceptionally attractive is pretty standard affair for most divinities. At which point you're looking for signs, but Baldr was known for prophetic visions of his own death, being the subject of a game where everyone threw lethal stuff at him since all of it had promised not hurt him, and then dying when Loki went and ruined the joke by finding the thing that wasn't in on the deal. None of those are exactly as noticable as Odin missing an eye, Hela being half-corpse, Thor having Mjolnir, or that Ganesh seems to be the nice one who brought snacks in both pictures.To that end it could also be the far right since Hella is staring at him (and amusingly the rigging on the ship does look like an arrow).

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                            Possible, I'm not sure. I mean Baldr's appearance isn't actually that notable among gods, I mean exceptionally attractive is pretty standard affair for most divinities. At which point you're looking for signs, but Baldr was known for prophetic visions of his own death, being the subject of a game where everyone threw lethal stuff at him since all of it had promised not hurt him, and then dying when Loki went and ruined the joke by finding the thing that wasn't in on the deal. None of those are exactly as noticable as Odin missing an eye, Hela being half-corpse, Thor having Mjolnir, or that Ganesh seems to be the nice one who brought snacks in both pictures.To that end it could also be the far right since Hella is staring at him (and amusingly the rigging on the ship does look like an arrow).
                            Ooh neat,thank you

Comment

Hmm, so Frigg still makes her Scions vow not to harm Baldr. You think that just means they're not allowed to physically harm him or are they not allowed to kill his Scions because that would cause emotional harm? I've seen it go both ways in stories, so I'm unsure.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoDefenestrate View Post
                                I have to be missing something, but in the Callings and Knacks section of Character Creation it says that a hero has two dots in one calling and one in each of the other two, but all of the pregen characters have five and in the traits section there are a few mentions of a Legend 1 Hero having 5 dots. Seems like there should be a mention of one more dot to throw in somewhere, but I don't see where it is.
                                Okay so when writing, Neall got his mental wires crossed and for part of it was writing up how to convert an Origin character (who has one dot in one Calling) into a Hero. So your character should have 5 Calling Dots, with at least 1 dot in each Calling.

I'll just shamelessly plug an FAQ I've been putting together from the Discord talks

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X