Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Keepers Of The World (2nd Edition Homebrew)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Keepers Of The World (2nd Edition Homebrew)

The Keepers of The World.

It's been centuries, millennia even. But their magnun opus is so close to done. Soon,the tyranny of the divine will be over

The Keepers of The World are a cross-pantheon organization that has been kept secret for thousands of years,no mean feat in this reality. Dedicated to one goal and one goal alone,the Keepers tirelessly work to achieve lt. With great strength of body and mind and a perfect plan,The goal is almost here.
    They are coming for the Gods,all of them.

Hercules,The Greatest Greek Hero.

Aliases:Heracles.
    Hercules,son of Zeus and Alcmene. Born of sex by trickery,born of rape. The wrath of Hera followed him since he was a child,first with the attack of deadly snakes and then with awful madness. The great hero has inspired Scions for thousands of years. A lesser men would be damn near dead inside after what he went through,but he was bigger than that,better than that. His heart is still filled with righteous wrath and hot purpose.even after all these years.
    Twelve great Deeds plus plenty of "smaller" acts of heroism crowned him the Hero among Heroes, the standard all Theoi Scions must follow. Married to Hebe,a agreement made with Hera,Hercules claim to be in peace. It's a lie. How could anyone be in peace after the torment Hera inflicted upon him? His first family? dead. His second family? dead. Everyone who's ever cared for him is long dead and he won't take it anymore. Peace? It's been a long time since he realized there will never be such a thing as peace while the Theoi live. A deal was struck with the Sage Imhotep, the World will be remade and the gods will be part of it no more. Hercules shall break them like he broke so many monsters ver those years.
    Purviews: Epic Strenght,Epic Dexterity, Epic Stamina, Order,Fertility
    Callings:Hunter,Warrior,Guardian.

Imhotep,Architect of The Netjer
    Aliases:Immutef, Im-hotep,Li-em-Hotep
    The Architect's master plan is near completion. He can almost taste it! A World with no Gods,true freedom for one and all. That's Imhotep's dream. Once a chanceller to pharaoh Djesor,he learned the secrets of how to build wondrous monuments from his father,Ptah. Yet Imhotep has improved upon his father's designs and created many of his own. A peerlees builder,a great magician and a brilliant historian,there's very litttle imhotep can't do. Yet he's not satisfied,he saw the Kemet he loved be plagued by war,death and misery again. Petty Heru and Wesir and Sutehk,always so pre-occupied with the gathering of power disgust him. He wants the glory of old Kemet back,and if he has to destroy Egypt and the Whole World to do it,he damn well will. He's tired of seeing great monuments being erected for Gods who barely glance at them,to busy staring at their own grandeur. He has long decided humans should be the rightful rulers of the World,and they will rule it with Imhotep's guidance.
    Purviews:Health,Forge,Earth,Order.
    Callings:Sage,Creator,Guardian.

Himiko,Mother of Ojin
    Aliases:Pimiko
    It simply ins't fair. After all she's done,she literally gave birth to freaking hachiman. And that's the thanks she gets? This will not stand. Once a Scion of Amaterasu. Himiko grow pregnant of Emperor Ojin,incarnation of Hachiman. It took three years for the child to be born,Himiko bound herself with laces to make sure she could fight a war without being interrupted by the child. Her son,destroyed alll his enemies and brough glory to Japan. Himiko was once proud of her role in all this. But eventually the other shoe dropped. Himiko was never deified,at first she pretended it didn't bother him,but then bit by bit she wondered, Why? What sin she could have possibly made to displease her mother? The truth is,and Amaterasu didn't shy away to tell her,Himiko's Mantle was simply too weak,she just couldn't match up with her son or any of Amatsukami. She became a footnote,a curiosity. Well,when her Mother and her cronies will be forever locked in the Overworld,century upon century on a prison made of The Keepers of the World's will. They will know what is like.
    ´Purviews:Stars,War,Order
    Calling:Warrior,Creator,Liminal.
    Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 10-24-2018, 01:04 PM.

this week,i'll figure out who the other members are (i'm planning on adding some new ones). And i will detail their plan

Comment

I’m pretty sure Heracles was worshipped as a fertility god, for whatever that is worth.

Does he have Stars because of the constellation?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        I’m pretty sure Heracles was worshipped as a fertility god, for whatever that is worth.

Does he have Stars because of the constellation?
        Yeah :>,i feel like he's more closely connected to his constellation than the the Other Theoi are with their planets

Comment

I think we already have the best possible Keeper recruit for the Shen: Confucius!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
            I think we already have the best possible Keeper recruit for the Shen: Confucius!
            Brilliant! He's perfect

Comment

Watcher Do you know of any Member of tuatha,God,Demigod or Hero that would make a good member of the Keepers. I'm looking for someone who's have a reason to want no more gods or legendary beings or divinity in the World

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                Watcher Do you know of any Member of tuatha,God,Demigod or Hero that would make a good member of the Keepers. I'm looking for someone who's have a reason to want no more gods or legendary beings or divinity in the World
                Hmm, tricky call as the Pantheon's uniting goal is taking over Ireland and throwing the mortals out. They'd be pretty dead set against The Keeper's plan fundamentally.

Now, Donn could be an option since Donn is just a Mílisian king and not one of the Túatha Dé Danann. Donn would probably be in favor of supporting his descendants in finally getting rid of the Túatha Dé Danann (though his oath is to slaughter them all) but that gets into the weird territory of 'Well all the Irish mortals are sort of Legendary....'

He might be a good addition to The Keepers who is going to inevitably betray the rest of them when he realizes that the plan is going against his goals and in uncertainty about how it will effect the mortals of Ireland. Also he is probably far more murderous than the rest would appreciate, his plan was to slaughter every living thing in Ireland himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Watcher View Post

Hmm, tricky call as the Pantheon's uniting goal is taking over Ireland and throwing the mortals out. They'd be pretty dead set against The Keeper's plan fundamentally.

Now, Donn could be an option since Donn is just a Mílisian king and not one of the Túatha Dé Danann. Donn would probably be in favor of supporting his descendants in finally getting rid of the Túatha Dé Danann (though his oath is to slaughter them all) but that gets into the weird territory of 'Well all the Irish mortals are sort of Legendary....'

He might be a good addition to The Keepers who is going to inevitably betray the rest of them when he realizes that the plan is going against his goals and in uncertainty about how it will effect the mortals of Ireland. Also he is probably far more murderous than the rest would appreciate, his plan was to slaughter every living thing in Ireland himself.
                  Wait,I just had an idea. I'll make one of the keepers a Scion of Donn who ascended to godhood in the seventies,and he want to banish the gods because he thinks Donn will eventually make good on his promise to destroy the people of Ireland,along with his desire to see a world of total freedom with no gods controlling people

Comment

Sealgaire,The sword of the Dead.
                    Aliases:Great Hunter
                    Once upon a time Donn went deep in a mountain,he found a mine full of jewels and treasure untold. He found a sword of great sharpness and beauty,using terrible magic he gave the sword life and human shape. He named the Sword Sealgaire. Sealgair went many years acting according to his origins,as a killing tool for his creator. He was sword who wielded swords ,then he moved on to move sophisticated weapons,but always he was covered in blood,a warlike monster his creator's pride. But with conscience came remorse,by the time Sealgaire ascended to godhood in 1977,he was tired of the fighting. And above all,he was tired of this creator,Donn wouldn't leave him alone,not even when he became a god. It was always "kill this,devastate that", it got old. The final straw came when his creator developed a plan to convince a aggressive nation to launch a nuclear attack on Ireland,killing many innocents. Sealgaire stopped this plan,as punishment Donn buried him deep in the earth with only the cries of the Sluagh as company,he got out . But he'll never forget what he went through. Sealgaire realized the tuatha's old traditions were not only outdated,but also dangerous. their obssession with honor made them swear and stand by ridiculous oaths,his creator,even after millennia,couldn't let his vow of destruction go. Sealgaire decided the Tuatha'st ime has passed and that they must be destroyed or imprisioned for the good of the people of Ireland and the World. He met Hercules on a trip to a construction site on America,they talked about their shared woes,about their anger. Finally,Hercules revealed to the Hunter the truth about the Keepers,Sealgaire was overjoyed with the idea of freedom,a world no longer bound by such a outdated concept as "Honor". And so he prepares to bury the Tuatha,just like his father wanted
                    purviews:darkness,forge,war
                    callings:hunter,warrior,sage

Comment

Nitpicking I know but Heracles doesn't do anything with Stars in mythology except being turned into one. May I suggest Order (he was the protector of several Roman Emperors)

Also Guardian? I suppose it could work but Lover is a better fit IMHO, it's not part of his main myth but everything happening to him after the Twelve Trials is due to him not keeping it in his pants.

Comment

Originally posted by ganonso View Post
                        Nitpicking I know but Heracles doesn't do anything with Stars in mythology except being turned into one. May I suggest Order (he was the protector of several Roman Emperors)

Also Guardian? I suppose it could work but Lover is a better fit IMHO, it's not part of his main myth but everything happening to him after the Twelve Trials is due to him not keeping it in his pants.
                        Huh,you're right. I'll fix it

Comment

Working...
                        X