How much EXP for Boons if any?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much EXP for Boons if any?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't see an exp cost for Boons. At character creation you start with two boons picked from any of your available Purviews. However, I didn't see how to acquire new Boons. Am I just missing it in the book?

I think it’s just automatic. That as you gain a Legend dot you are able to pick another Boon.

Comment

So at Hero level you can only ever get 5 Boons total?

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan7200 View Post
        So at Hero level you can only ever get 5 Boons total?
        Correct, you can have a max of 5 Boons at Legend 4.

Comment

You don’t need more, really. Marvels are amazingly versatile. The innate powers are effective. And knacks are often work horses.
          Last edited by Thrythlind; 10-28-2018, 12:56 AM. Reason: we don't have "inmate powers" we have "innate powers"

Comment

Yeah, considering Marvels can be used to emulate Boons, with appropriate justification/explanation, 5 boons is not too much of a limitation.

Comment

Why is the XP costs so different between Origins and Hero? It's a lot more expensive to buy stuff in Origins, seems like an incentive to not buy anything when going through that part.

Amateur drawsmith

Comment

Errata, it’s already in the thread. The Origin prices are the correct one or that’s what Neall said

Comment

Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                  Errata, it’s already in the thread. The Origin prices are the correct one or that’s what Neall said
                  At least more correct, the final version may be a bit different, but the Origins version are the more recent rules, they just missed changing it in the Hero draft.

Basically playtesters were running out of things to spend xp on that were true to their concepts while Deeds were taking longer to facilitate the scaling up that would open more options, so they raised the prices and it was more successful.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Exponential pricing ala World of Darkness and Exalted might also work, but that inevitably leads to the age old problem “it’s better to min/max at character creation as much as possible and then buy up your lower rated abilities, than to create a balanced character having to buy up your fields of expertise regardless of your concept, and if you do otherwise you’re dumb” that those games suffer from.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                      Exponential pricing ala World of Darkness and Exalted might also work, but that inevitably leads to the age old problem “it’s better to min/max at character creation as much as possible and then buy up your lower rated abilities, than to create a balanced character having to buy up your fields of expertise regardless of your concept, and if you do otherwise you’re dumb” that those games suffer from.
                      The solution to this is simple, have *everything* be bought with exponential pricing. :V

(Legend of the Five Rings 4th edition and earlier do this, yes)

Comment

Working...
                      X