Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demo @ Pax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Demo @ Pax

    Sat thru a demo of Scion @ Pax Unplugged with Neall on Saturday. I've backed all the storypath games but haven't played one yet. I love love the system and Neall is a great GM. I applaud him for learning how to say all the gods name correctly.


    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_485_1538393298974_786[/ATTACH]

  • #2
    Was it a murder mystery?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      Was it a murder mystery?
      Yes! It was very fun. So glad I kickstarted it


      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_485_1538393298974_786[/ATTACH]

      Comment


      • #4
        Care to share any more? What were some of the instances of fun mechanics that jumped out at you?


        Raksha are my fae-vorite.

        Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
          Care to share any more? What were some of the instances of fun mechanics that jumped out at you?

          The pregen characters that Neall had were colorful. The one I chose was an Iraqi surgeon that had to medical license in the US so he drove a cab. Oh, and he's a scion of Loki. There was another Scion of Loki that was transgendered kinda, an Aztec god who is his own Scion. Apparently he kills himself every so often and is reborn as his own Scion. The last PC was a Scion of an Eastern god which I do not remember. She was a nuclear physicist and recreational sniper.


          [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_485_1538393298974_786[/ATTACH]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by karpomatic View Post


            The pregen characters that Neall had were colorful. The one I chose was an Iraqi surgeon that had to medical license in the US so he drove a cab. Oh, and he's a scion of Loki. There was another Scion of Loki that was transgendered kinda, an Aztec god who is his own Scion. Apparently he kills himself every so often and is reborn as his own Scion. The last PC was a Scion of an Eastern god which I do not remember. She was a nuclear physicist and recreational sniper.
            A few of those are in the Origin and Hero book!


            Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

            Comment


            • #7
              I also got to play in the Scion Demo at PAX Unplugged! It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed both getting to try out the new system. Neall was a fantastic ST and I enjoyed playing with karpomatic and the others at the table.

              Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

              A few of those are in the Origin and Hero book!
              All characters were in the 2e Origin and Hero books (except for one, Sigrun, who was used as the "how to build a character" and is on the kickstarter page as a full write up).
              Last edited by Freemind; 12-04-2018, 09:28 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by karpomatic View Post


                There was another Scion of Loki that was transgendered kinda
                Just a heads up the correct term is transgender woman or just trans woman

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Queer Snake View Post

                  Just a heads up the correct term is transgender woman or just trans woman

                  Thanks for the heads up. I said it the way I did because the PC being a trans woman is not exactly the case. It had to do with how the Scion was conceived.


                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_485_1538393298974_786[/ATTACH]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Asking some useless questions here: The adventure was recorded/filmed? I remember to read somewhere that it would be transmited somehow (stream/podcast/etc.), and I was waiting for that. I really would like to see/listen how a Scion session can roll.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hayashi View Post
                      Asking some useless questions here: The adventure was recorded/filmed? I remember to read somewhere that it would be transmited somehow (stream/podcast/etc.), and I was waiting for that. I really would like to see/listen how a Scion session can roll.
                      The one we're talking about filming/posting is a separate thing we're doing for the Onyx Pathcast.


                      In-House Developer for Chronicles of Darkness and Exalted

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DixieCyanide View Post

                        The one we're talking about filming/posting is a separate thing we're doing for the Onyx Pathcast.

                        My bad then. But thirsty for that anyway. I really wanna see the combat system running, kill some pratical doubts and stuff.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X