Inflicting more Damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflicting more Damage

I'm sure this is somewhere, but I can't see it. Is there anything mechanically that allows me to inflict a Maiming wound without first inflicting Bruised and Injured wounds?

I am considering modifying the Inflict Damage stunt to instead be 0s + the desired Complication -1. So, Inflicting a Bruised level costs 0s as in the rules, but if you spend 3s, you can go straight to a Maiming attack. Does this break anything?

What's the intent here?

It seems like it would greatly devalue Stamina and Health granting stuff, because you can skip down to their worst Injury Conditions and fill those up so they have lots of penalties before having to deal with a bunch of Bruised boxes.

If you want to penalize them faster, you do it by inflicting non-damage Complications on them with your Stunts. That's the trade off there. You could tangle their legs with some rope, to add Complication to their actions, but if you don't capitalize on it before they free themselves, you're back to square one.

I'm not sure it 'breaks' anything but it seems like it would have a detrimental effect on the intended flow of the game.

Or another way to look at it, if you have the successes and your goal is to Take Them Out is there any reason not to inflict the worst condition possible? Because then this becomes the go to option, and how well you roll to hit becomes the only thing that matters in most fights, because being able to slam them with that -4 is too game changing to not take if you can.

Comment

Working...
    X