Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Scion: Origin like original Tomb Raider?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Scion: Origin like original Tomb Raider?

NOT the 'lone survivor' of last 3 games. I mean original the one with seeking Atlantis and T-Rex, for example. ( I.E. Tomb Raider 1 / Anniversary )

From my understanding, Pre-Visitation Scions are 'just more lucky' people that meddle in the affairs of Terra Incognita, often not even Gods themselves. It sounds a lot like what Lara Croft is doing - she goes into ancient ruins, find impossible Relics, use from time to time magical devices that should not work on down-to-Earth physics.

(Spoiler) In TR 1 / Anniversary she even fights with immortal Queen of Atlantis that's A LOT like Scion or Incarnation from Atlantean Pantheon.

From my reading of Scion: Origin book - it seems as mix of Tomb Raider and 1-3 seasons of Supernatural, I suppose.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-02-2019, 05:12 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

More to it, 'Crystal Dynamics TR series' - i.e. TR Legend ( 2006 ), TR Anniversary ( 2007 ) and TR Underworld ( 2008 ) - looks as perfect inspiration for Scion Origin game. I explained Anniversary why it is in previous post. Now to look in to Legend and Underworld games. Minor spoilers here coming.

Tomb Raider Legend - Lara is following common pattern between Tuatha De Danann and Teotl myths, joined by idea of Camelot in Terra Incognita.

Inspirational trailer for TRL

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-02-2019, 09:12 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Tomb Raider Underworld - Lara is going deep dive into common thread between Aesir and Toetl myths, looking for the key to TRUE Underworld.

Inspirational trailer for TRU

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

It's meant to be the way to design and play mortal characters before they become heroes, demigods, or gods. Like playing Bruce Wayne before he becomes Batman. If you want a "Tomb Raider" character, you can make one. Also a cop, bus driver, fighter pilot, professor, and so on. I'm not sure why showing us video game trailers is really relevant - it's a role-p,aying game that is limited mostly by the imaginations of the GM and players, not linear and limited like a video game.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Snit View Post
          It's meant to be the way to design and play mortal characters before they become heroes, demigods, or gods. Like playing Bruce Wayne before he becomes Batman. If you want a "Tomb Raider" character, you can make one. Also a cop, bus driver, fighter pilot, professor, and so on.
          I was feeling that Tomb Raider makes a good job of 'building the setting up' for the Scion games in particular. Bruce Wayne's story does not point him later to Myth and Legend later on. Lara Croft's stories of fighting Queen of Atlantis, looking for Excalibur or going to Underworld sounds much more fitting to the Scion's setting.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Arguably, Lara Croft is just as mortal as Bruce Wayne, in spite of the game storylines being more fantastic. At any rate, my point was, Scion: Hero is about playing the characters before they become famous/infamous/legendary, whether as deities, super-heroes, or champions. It's intended to enable "mortal level but action hero" play, as a prelude to bigger things.

Comment

I agree that Lara Croft would not be a bad example of how a mortal character can brush with the mythical, if that's what you mean. It would be easy to port that concept, "resourceful, skilled and determined crap magnet explorer" into an Origins/Pre-Visitation Scion game.

Comment

Originally posted by Uri Meca View Post
                I agree that Lara Croft would not be a bad example of how a mortal character can brush with the mythical, if that's what you mean. It would be easy to port that concept, "resourceful, skilled and determined crap magnet explorer" into an Origins/Pre-Visitation Scion game.
                Exactly what is point of my posts - maybe I did not articulated it's enough in proper English. ( English is my second language, by the way. )

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                X