[2E] Are there Merits in Scion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyrdhamster
    started a topic [2E] Are there Merits in Scion?

[2E] Are there Merits in Scion?

I'm long time Chronicles of Darkness Storyteller. After running for almost 15 years this games, I'm partially happy to not see long list of Merits I do need to read and memorialize. However, there are crucial Merits that show up in games often and I probably miss them somehow in mechanics of Storypath system from CoD. Could you point me if there are analogs in Storypath for traits like:
    • Allies ( i.e. you can have small favors in particular organisations )
    • Languages ( to speak and understand foreign ones )
    • Mentor ( i.e. NPC advising character )
    • Resources ( i.e. money of character )
    • Retainer ( i.e. loyal servant )
    • Status ( i.e. characters level of hierarchy in organisation )

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
    Honestly, if we were to try and put those in Scion, I'd use Trinity's edges as a basis
    This. That's what Edges are all about, after all: they're basically the Storypath counterpart to Merits, but presented in the context of Paths.

Leave a comment:

• Thrythlind
    replied
    Paths take up a lot of the functionality of merits.

Leave a comment:

• FallenEco
    replied
    Honestly, if we were to try and put those in Scion, I'd use Trinity's edges as a basis

Leave a comment:

• Stupid Loserman
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    How this works, in general? ( I'm right now in the setting chapter of Origin. Will read in detail in coming weeks. )
    Invoking your Paths is covered on p. 99 of Origin.

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    Where is this guideline? Is it related to Culture Skill, for example?
    p. 58 of Origin, Intellect + Academics (although my copy erroneously cites the obsolete name for Mental Power, Reason.)

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post
    The role of Allies, Resources, and Status is taken by invoking your character's Paths.
    How this works, in general? ( I'm right now in the setting chapter of Origin. Will read in detail in coming weeks. )

Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post
    The acquisition of separate languages is not treated with mechanical rigor. A guideline is presented as to how many languages your character is capable of managing at most, but actually studying and acquiring a particular language is not given any mechanical focus.
    Where is this guideline? Is it related to Culture Skill, for example?

Leave a comment:

• Stupid Loserman
    replied
    The role of Mentors and Retainers is taken by three of the four types of Birthrights: Creatures, Followers, and Guides.

The role of Allies, Resources, and Status is taken by invoking your character's Paths.

The acquisition of separate languages is not treated with mechanical rigor. A guideline is presented as to how many languages your character is capable of managing at most, but actually studying and acquiring a particular language is not given any mechanical focus.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X