Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[2E] Are there Merits in Scion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [2E] Are there Merits in Scion?

    I'm long time Chronicles of Darkness Storyteller. After running for almost 15 years this games, I'm partially happy to not see long list of Merits I do need to read and memorialize. However, there are crucial Merits that show up in games often and I probably miss them somehow in mechanics of Storypath system from CoD. Could you point me if there are analogs in Storypath for traits like:
    • Allies ( i.e. you can have small favors in particular organisations )
    • Languages ( to speak and understand foreign ones )
    • Mentor ( i.e. NPC advising character )
    • Resources ( i.e. money of character )
    • Retainer ( i.e. loyal servant )
    • Status ( i.e. characters level of hierarchy in organisation )


    My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

  • #2
    The role of Mentors and Retainers is taken by three of the four types of Birthrights: Creatures, Followers, and Guides.

    The role of Allies, Resources, and Status is taken by invoking your character's Paths.

    The acquisition of separate languages is not treated with mechanical rigor. A guideline is presented as to how many languages your character is capable of managing at most, but actually studying and acquiring a particular language is not given any mechanical focus.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post
      The role of Allies, Resources, and Status is taken by invoking your character's Paths.
      How this works, in general? ( I'm right now in the setting chapter of Origin. Will read in detail in coming weeks. )

      Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post
      The acquisition of separate languages is not treated with mechanical rigor. A guideline is presented as to how many languages your character is capable of managing at most, but actually studying and acquiring a particular language is not given any mechanical focus.
      Where is this guideline? Is it related to Culture Skill, for example?


      My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        How this works, in general? ( I'm right now in the setting chapter of Origin. Will read in detail in coming weeks. )
        Invoking your Paths is covered on p. 99 of Origin.

        Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        Where is this guideline? Is it related to Culture Skill, for example?
        p. 58 of Origin, Intellect + Academics (although my copy erroneously cites the obsolete name for Mental Power, Reason.)

        Comment


        • #5
          Honestly, if we were to try and put those in Scion, I'd use Trinity's edges as a basis


          Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

          Comment


          • #6
            Paths take up a lot of the functionality of merits.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
              Honestly, if we were to try and put those in Scion, I'd use Trinity's edges as a basis
              This. That's what Edges are all about, after all: they're basically the Storypath counterpart to Merits, but presented in the context of Paths.


              Comment

              Working...
              X