Scion 2E Demigod official

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion 2E Demigod official

Scion 2E Demigod got to First Draft! ( Monday Meeting Notes )

... and it still can be ( probably ) two years before it's premiere ( knowing previous OPP publication history ).

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

More like 5.

Comment

Not to start a dispute, but OP has been getting much better about production times, and there's no core system development required for this release. I could potentially see the KS late this year or early next and the finished PDF in as little as 18 months.

But then again, I'm an optimist.

Check out my RPG podcast: The Story Told
      Follow my ongoing Exalted Campaign: An Imperfect Circle

Comment

Originally posted by ElfSpeaker View Post
        I could potentially see the KS late this year or early next and the finished PDF in as little as 18 months.
        Wait, original KS for Scion 2E did not included Demigod and God corebooks?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

No it didn"t, it had option for getting the whole first edition but aside from that you only got Origins and Heroes

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Wait, original KS for Scion 2E did not included Demigod and God corebooks?
            Pledging too many books to backers at once in a single Kickstarter is how you cut off future revenue flow and have to lay off your entire staff with still more promised books you’re not going to see much new money on before you can get around to producing anything new to actually sell. Just ask John Wick Presents.

Demigod and God will each get their own kickstarters with stretchgoals building supplements for each.

Anyway, one aspect to look forward to here with how Onyx Path kickstarters now work is that we’ll get the full preview text for each book in their Kickstarter. So there is much less delay now till we get update material for our ongoing games.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Emerick View Post
              No it didn"t, it had option for getting the whole first edition but aside from that you only got Origins and Heroes

And all of the reward levels were very clear you were getting Scion: Origins and Scion: Hero only. (Assuming you pledged for a level with both of them in it.)

Comment

Also one of the biggest element in the time it took to produce scion was designing the storypath system. (in conjunction with another game being made at roughly the same time).
                This simply isnt a concern for demigod and god.

Currently running: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 2year old daughter and a newborn son.

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
                  Also one of the biggest element in the time it took to produce scion was designing the storypath system. (in conjunction with another game being made at roughly the same time).
                  This simply isnt a concern for demigod and god.
                  However, WHOLE POINT of Scion 2E was that mechanics for Demigod and God to be fixed. I suspect, they need to put special care for playtesting those books when written.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

As we’ve mentioned just so many times, Storypath was designed specifically to enable play at the sort of levels of power that are in Demigod and God (and Trinity Continuum: Aberrant, too), so that rules work heavy lifting has been done already.

Comment

However, WHOLE POINT of Scion 2E was that mechanics for Demigod and God to be fixed. I suspect, they need to put special care for playtesting those books when written.
                      Yes, but the heavy lifting is done via Scale already being a printed thing in that regard.

Edit: Oh! What RichT said.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

It's OLD post ( from year 2016 ) but there is mention here for planned Pantheons in 2E Demigod:

'And when we do get to Demigod, I really want to sink my teeth into Mesopotamian, Polynesian, Slavic…lots of myth to choose from.'

http://theonyxpath.com/pantheons-sci...n-development/

I was thinking we see a Persian Yazata in Demigod, but cannot find source for it...
                        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-03-2019, 05:02 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

It's OLD post ( from year 2016 ) but there is mention here for planned Pantheons in 2E Demigod:

'And when we do get to Demigod, I really want to sink my teeth into Mesopotamian, Polynesian, Slavic…lots of myth to choose from.'

http://theonyxpath.com/pantheons-sci...n-development/

I was thinking we see a Persian Yazata in Demigod, but cannot find source for it...
                          That's a very old post. The Pantheons in Demigod are probably picked, but they haven't seen fit to release a full list.

And the Yazata are going to be in the Companion. Along with the Loa (the Voodoo religion) and the Nemetondevos (the Gods of the Gaulish people)

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Info on Demigod from Pathcast Scion 2E Deep Dive with Scion lead developer, Neall Raemonn Price:
                            1. 49:30 – General thoughts on 2E Demigod idea – In 2E heroes can die happy – demigods are slowly throwing out their mortality and start their own ’Twelve Labours of Hercules’ ( or similar great tests ) for earning Legend to become gods after their final death. But made a mistake – and you simply die, not becoming god. Some great event start this path at Legend 4 for the Scion.
                            2. 53:00 – Julius Caesar as example of demigod that died ( killed by Brutus ) to become god! :-O
                            3. 54:30 – More Pantheons, more Terra Incognita in book – In new book there will be shown mostly Underworlds, as they are most missed in mythic stories ( but the will be other Terra’s also ).
                            4. 56:50 – New mechanics in Demigod Collateral i Divinity Pool – First is mechanics analogical for those with Aberrant that are about damages of your godly powers do to surroundings. Divinity Pool is not explained more beside than name – but it’s something like ‘super dices’, helping with rolls?
                            5. 57:30 – New mechanics in Demigod, part 2 – New power categories - Dominion Boon – Powers of demigods pointing to what god you will be, finally– Agni is Fire, Hercules is Strength. They are not extra powers – but they also let Dominion do new Stunts for everything around – for example, those around Fire Dominion makes that everything is much more flammable, and emotions raising easier. There is direct example in Death Dominion – powers are: you can resurrect someone as zombie, you know when other die, you can easier death of someone, or that everything around you becomes much more deadlier – even non-lethal bruises.
                            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-04-2019, 04:30 PM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                            X