Redlines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redlines

I've been receiving my updates as a Scion second edition backer and while I understand most of the steps in the process this is the one that confuses me.

What exactly is it that gets done in red lines?

I'll be your Huckleberry

They've actually got a podcast episode that covers this fairly well, but to summarise from my memory: Writers turn in First Drafts (which shouldn't necessarily be their first ever draft of the idea) and the developer for the book looks over them and responds. How they respond can vary from developer to developer and even then from writer to writer. This is both for capitalization and style issues, or grammar, and for pointing out what should be expounded on, what seems like it veered away from the goal of the word count or what have you.

Comment

Developer gets first drafts back from the writers, reads them, tells them what they need to change for second drafts.

Comment

So "Redlining" it is essentially the same as you'd see in a movie when they're looking over something and drawing a "red line" through the stuff they don't like and want to change.

I'll be your Huckleberry

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          So "Redlining" it is essentially the same as you'd see in a movie when they're looking over something and drawing a "red line" through the stuff they don't like and want to change.
          And making notes about alterations, arrows moving content, underlining stuff to emphasize, etc.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Cool deal. Thanks for explaining. That kind of annoyed me a bit but not enough to actually complain.

I'll be your Huckleberry

Comment

Working...
            X