[2E] Divine Parent or Patron?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Divine Parent or Patron?

Reading Scion 2E: Origin, I see in ready characters Divine Parent section. But, from the reading Origin and Hero, Scions equally can be Born, Created, Chosen or Incarnate from their God. Options Created and Chosen point more Gods as Patrons than direct Parents... Should not the section be pointed more like Divine Patron on unofficial sheets then?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Did this really necessitate its own thread rather than the "Ask A Question" thread?

Anyway, I use 'Patron' myself. Though it can be a bit murky. For example, a Deva, regardless of whether you're Born, Created, or Chosen, will likely call a Scion of theirs their child and think of themselves as that Scion's parent.

As for why it uses Parent... Artifact text from the previous Edition? The assumption that Born Scions are some of the more common ones? Playing with the whole pitch of "What if you're the child of a God?"
    Last edited by Kyman201; 01-24-2019, 07:10 PM.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
    X