Mechanics Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanics Questions

So some friends and I are going to be playing Scion 2e soon. I had some mechanical questions.

1. For Boons and other effects that grant Birthrites, what is the rating of those Birthrites? I.e. Cheval's Dance with the Divine.

2. Guides grant you access to Callings, allowing you to purchase knacks from that calling. However, since you dont have any dots in that calling, how do you equip it?

3. Can you purchase the Soft Armor tag more than once on armor? There are parts of the book that seem to think you can.

I know the answer of number 3: Yes you can! I would say up to 3 times, but maybe some enchanted armour can handle more.

Comment

The answer is probably "Depends", on the GM and the situation and the strings attached. A Deva may get a 5-dot Astra after a Devotion's Reward.

As for the Guide question, treat the Knacks from the Guide Calling as those four 'Any' Knacks, able to be out in one of your normal Knack Slots

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Is there a limit on Enhancement Bonuses from different sources, and do Enhancements apply after meeting the difficulty or before? The rules in Origin under core mechanics seem to be at odds with the section under Knacks in Hero, unless that limit onbEnhancements under knacks is only keant to apply to Knacks.

A hard cap makes sense (given that +10e and up is otherwise very possible, and there us a sidebar cautioning against giving more than +3e). Applying some enhancements after meeting the difficulty and other enhabcements after a single success also feels off.

Comment

There is no hard limit, but there is somewhere saying that +4 is something that a demigod would use, and +5+ something Divine. I would say this apply to the knacks in general, so unless you have a literal gift from a god, it should be no more than a +3. But I am not the GM in your game, and God’s are wyrd even in a game about them...

Comment

Working...
          X