Edges and Skill Tricks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edges and Skill Tricks

As a backer for both Scion and Trinity, I can’t not ask if any of you think Scion misses the more human part from the system, the Skill Tricks and Edges from TC.

I see that it’s not the focus of Scion, and it gets boring to be able to shoot a little better or having millions of dollars when you can literally summon a lightning on target or have a entire country as a place to crash on the other world.

My point is, for Origin and Hero, it is really nice not be locked on your birthrights and legend when you need to deal with regular people and not monsters. Also, Momentum is much more fun with skill tricks than just adding enhancements...

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
    As a backer for both Scion and Trinity, I can’t not ask if any of you think Scion misses the more human part from the system, the Skill Tricks and Edges from TC.

I see that it’s not the focus of Scion, and it gets boring to be able to shoot a little better or having millions of dollars when you can literally summon a lightning on target or have a entire country as a place to crash on the other world.

My point is, for Origin and Hero, it is really nice not be locked on your birthrights and legend when you need to deal with regular people and not monsters. Also, Momentum is much more fun with skill tricks than just adding enhancements...
    Scion not getting as gritty of mortal level mechanics is indeed by design. They didn’t want to include a lot of mechanics that would be rendered completely irrelevant by the growth scale that the center of the game.

That said, I don’t think adding Skill Tricks breaks anything, especially not if you’re specifically running a game at Origin level and not planning on taking it upwards. If you want to use them at the higher tiers though, you’re going to need to make them free, because no one is going to spend experience on those instead of Knacks, Birthrights, etc.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

"To not be locked by your Birthrights and Legend"

I mean there's your Knacks. People keep overlooking those and you really shouldn't. Those are basically your workhorses.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X