Suggestion Wanted For Kami Scion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion Wanted For Kami Scion

I was toying around with the idea of creating a Kami scion NPC in the form of a wealthy collector of Tsukumogami, who had a huge number of them which they could utilize as minions for combat and various other purposes, Pokemon master-style. I'm not sure which Kami would be an appropriate parent/patron for such a character though. Any suggestions?

I’m imagining a Prosperity inherent Son of Inari, with a bunch of fox minions for when he can’t buy the items he’s looking to acquire.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Inari would be good. Kojin might be an interesting pick. Or maybe one of the Seven Lucky Gods?

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

What main calling do you want? And what purview do you want to inherit?
        (those two questions are not always easy to answer, but they help with choosing a divine parent/patron)

Currently running: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes
        Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.

Comment

Originally posted by Wannabe Demon Lord View Post
          I was toying around with the idea of creating a Kami scion NPC in the form of a wealthy collector of Tsukumogami, who had a huge number of them which they could utilize as minions for combat and various other purposes, Pokemon master-style. I'm not sure which Kami would be an appropriate parent/patron for such a character though. Any suggestions?
          Inari sounds like a good pick, as do Okuninushi/Daikokuten or Ebisu, due to all of their business associations. Ebisu, who was born from Hiruko, the abandoned first child of Izanagi and Izanami, could have an especially tantalising connection to the spirits of thrown away things. Maybe you can blend the collector part a bit with one of "giving them a home", since the Tsukumogami canonically feel abandoned by humans and thus vengeful. For some extra flavour, one stories describes the Tsukumogami as worshipping a god of their own, Henge Daimyojin. He's not described in any way and is not an actual cultic figure, but maybe you'd find it cool to have the Tsukumogami sometimes whisper about him, pray to him - or maybe come to believe that their master is Henge Daimyojin.

Comment

If you go with Izanagi you can have the lofty arrogance that comes with being a sibling of the Empress if Heaven rather then a son or nephew or grandchild.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
            X