Non-Divine Pc's in 2nd Ed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Divine Pc's in 2nd Ed?

Been away from the forums for a while now but with 2nd Ed coming out soon (I hope at least. Seems like backers got pdfs but I could be wrong) I could have sworn I remembered there being mention way back in early announcements that there were going to be character creation rules for non-divine characters, e.g. vampires, werewolves, satyrs, etc. Is there any rules for this in anything released thus far or does anyone know if that's still going to be the case? I saw the announcement about the dragons supplement so I was holding out hope.

Well you have denizen path (satyrs and so on) as well as things like prophets and saints. The bestiary (i think) is set to expand on those options.

Currently running: Scion 2nd Edition. Les L├ęgendes
    Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.

Comment

Yeah, you can be a mystical creature with no divine patronage, like a kitsune or a satyr (usually called Denizens). You get a unique Path (mechanic that helps determine asset skills, helps establish social context and background stuff) and often unique Knacks. Going as just a regular Denizen is, depending on the Denizen in question, will probably be a bit weaker than a PC with a divine Patron.

You can also, if you feel spicy, be a Denizen AND a Scion.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know it was possible to be more pumped for this but its happened

Comment

Working...
        X