Release Date?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rickayelm View Post
    I don't know why they are slow rolling this, it was supposed to come out in May 2017. If the book is done they should release it. After all we are talking about a PDF from drive thru, they don't have to ship anything the files are delivered almost instantly.
    It was delayed by rewrites of the system (for the better) that happened in Trinity development. They’ve discussed this in depth dozens of times.

If you’re a backer you should already have the preview manuscript. If you’re wondering about the time gap between the preview manuscript and the public release: thy’ve been doing errata and waiting for the last of the art to come in, enough text changes with the errata probably also required formatting adjustments, and then they had the index which could only be done AFTER the text was 100% done with errata and formatted since every page number needs to be set in stone.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

If I had a nickel for every time "see page XX" cropped up in a 1st edition White Wolf book, I could buy a very nice lunch.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Monday meeting from yesterday/today says it’s on press, so I guess maybe this week or the other...

I am more worried for TC than Scion, as TC was missing much more arts than Scion on the backers preview, also missing some of the WW and OPP traditional “all that you need to create your character” table that both Origin and Hero had on preview.

Comment

Rich hinted in the comments that the KS hardcovers should start shipping in about 4 weeks, if nothing goes wrong. So, take that with a giant grain of salt.

Edit: I counted wrong. Looks more like 6 weeks. Still!
          Last edited by Florin; 02-20-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I just want the PDFs, as the shipping to Brazil would cost far more than the books... so i guess it will be a little earlier than the hardcovers...

Comment

Now they are waing on POD proofs from drivethru, I thought they were doing a full traditional print run. Most of the time you don't do a full print run and print on demand because it is redundant.

Comment

Now they are waing on POD proofs from drivethru, I thought they were doing a full traditional print run. Most of the time you don't do a full print run and print on demand because it is redundant.
                The PoDs have nothing to do with the Kickstarted traditionally printed books going into stores. That is one of our sales venues. The PoDs are for DTRPG, which is a different sales venue we use. That’s why the Monday Meeting Blog progress list includes info about both. Thanks!

Comment

As Rich mentioned, different venues, different books. We are selling Pugmire, Monarchies of Mau, Cavaliers of Mars, Changeling: the Lost 2e, Scarred Lands Players Guide, and Wise & Wicked in both PoD and offset for retail distribution. Plus, we have books like Beast and Dark Eras that got prestige printing for KS backers with the extra copies now available for retailers to order via Indie Press Revolution...both of which are also available in PoD on DriveThruRPG.

M

Operations Manager - Onyx Path Publishing
                  Owner/Editor - FlamesRising.com

Comment

Working...
                  X