Unfixed Reported Errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfixed Reported Errors

- Hassan still has the Healer Calling at Origin level despite this being explicitly forbidden (your Origin level Calling must come from your Divine Parent). There’s of course a strong argument that Hassan shouldn’t be bound to Loki’s Callings, but then why are Player characters not allowed the same latitude with their Callings?

- Page 190 still lists “Purpose” instead of “Dream” as the Manitou’s Virtue, despite elsewhere being fixed so Origin and Hero match in this regard.

- A lot of the tweaks to deity Purview lists in Hero were not similarly tweaked at the end of Origin. Artemis lacks Wild. Susano-o still has Forge (Metallurgy), etc.

- Lakshmi still has Wild in Hero despite us explicitly being told that was being changed

- phoebe still has the non-existent Foresight Virtue

- Despite page 202 of Hero explicitly saying the creatures on page 294 are listed with their point values for Birthright purposes, they still are not.

- page 188 has the wrong Boon count. It was fixed so that it lists 2 Boons at Legend 1, but none of the other numbers were changed, so it looks like you don’t gain a Boon at Legend 2. It should be 3 Boons at Legend 2, 4 Boons at Legend 3, and 5 Boons at Legend 4.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Ok, Neall says some of these were definitely fixed and the Tuatha art is supposed to be different... so I guess this is an out of date file... which is good, unless this is the file that went to the printer and it’s too late to stop it!

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      - Hassan still has the Healer Calling at Origin level despite this being explicitly forbidden (your Origin level Calling must come from your Divine Parent). There’s of course a strong argument that Hassan shouldn’t be bound to Loki’s Callings, but then why are Player characters not allowed the same latitude with their Callings?
      I'm going to withhold judgment on the rest of them (and I don't know what was uploaded so I can't speak to files, and I can't say whether this is the final version or not), but Hassan has Healer from a specific Calling Knack that allows trickster Scions to break some rules. Which admittedly wasn't clear or even really mentioned in the final version, so it'll be something for errata and clarifications.

Neall Raemonn Price
      Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Just a few letters used wrong.
        In the top of the Orisha first page (106) the text in the box is using some wrong letters.
        Quando chego no terreiro / As soon as I arrive at the temple
        trato logo de louvar / I get right to giving praise
        Louvo a Deus primeiramente / First I praise God
        Louvo meu pai Oxalá / I praise my father, the King of the White Cloth também louvo o pai Xangô / I also praise my father, the Striker
        e a rainha do mar / and the queen of the sea
        Peço licença Deus de Angola / I ask leave of the God of Angola
        me dê o salão prá eu vadiar, câmara/ to give me space to kill some time, my friend — Mestre João Grande, angoleiro

When I copy it to here it’s all correct but the ones showing are some Greek letters, like Delta instead of á and Phi instead of ô.

It may be an issue on my pdf reader or the font used... no idea...
        Last edited by Mateus Luz; 04-02-2019, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I so much happy I take only PDF version of the books on the first printing...
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-02-2019, 02:12 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

- The Origins and Hero rules for Kitsune are completely incompatible. As it is currently written if you don’t take Mortal Mask at Origin level, you are permanently a fox. It has been suggested that the other possibility is permanent humans who have kitsune ancestry who can take one of the other Knacks, but if so that is in no way indicated in the text, which speaks of the kitsune path being for born-foxes who transform.

Comment

Page 167 of origin is still messed up when it's talking about modified paths. It mentions having three satyr paths when there's only two and it mentions having an animal path which I wonder was the cu sith earlier. This has been reported at least several times.

Comment

Page 183 and Page 223 still contradict each other in how many Knacks you start with. By 183 you start with 1 Heroic Knack for every Calling dot, or Immortal Knacks for 2 dots each. So you start with an exact lineup of Knacks that fill out your current Callings, no more or fewer. By 223 you start with 5 Knacks, 1 for each Calling dot, with no established difference between Heroic and Immortal Knacks (except in how many you can have active at once). This latter rule is more balanced from an xp perspective, but leads to Knack lineups that can leave some Calling dot slots unused at a given time.

Comment

So I'm guessing backers will get an email with a list of any necessary errata at the same time as our physical copies? I can always put said errata on sticky notes in my book, if necessary.

Comment

- Zeus still doesn’t have Order despite us being told that it’s exclusion was an error

Comment

In Hero, p. 194-195, the Calling Trickster presents Crises and Transfigurations. I think this seems to refer to Failure Deeds and Adoption Deeds, respectively, as in the others Callings.

I just found these errors in the "final-not-so-final" version. Checked the previous. They were in there too.
                      Last edited by Hayashi; 04-05-2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

None of the "Ready-Made Characters" has a correct character sheet. All of them are missing something according to normal character creation rules.

No "Ready-Made" character sheet in Origin, or Hero, has the "Finishing Touches" step properly applied. Some parts of this step seem to have been applied to some characters, but with no real consistency besides the addition of the bonus knacks in Origins only, so I'm forced to assume that it was left off intentionally for the players to customize for themselves, and I'm including the removal of the parts of "finishing touches" that have been included to the individual characters in the corrections below.

In Origin Eric Donner is over-spent by 3 skill points and 2 Knacks. In Hero he is over-spent by 2 skill points (A dot of Subterfuge disappeared... oddly appropriate, but probably an error) . He is also under-spent by 1 Birthright point.

In Origin Emanuel Montero is over-spent by 3 Skill points, and 2 Knacks. In Hero he is under-spent by 2 skill points (His Leadership skill vanished), 1 Social attribute point, and 1 Birthright point.

In Origin Hassan al-Hakim is over-spent by 2 Knacks, and under-spent by 1 skill point. In Hero he is under-spent by 3 skill points (Lost 4 points of Survival, and 1 point of Persuasion, but gained 3 points of Empathy), and by 1 Mental attribute point (Lost a dot of Resolve compared to Origin)

In Origin Rashmi Bhattacharya is over-spent by 3 skill points, and 2 Knacks, In Hero she is over-spent by 3 skill points, she is also under-spent by 1 Mental attribute point (Lost a dot of Intellect compared to Origin).

In Origin Rhiannon Jernigan is over-spent by 2 Knacks, and is missing her specialization in Medicine. In Hero, besides missing any of the Finishing Touches step, she's good as is.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post
                          None of the "Ready-Made Characters" has a correct character sheet. All of them are missing something according to normal character creation rules.

No "Ready-Made" character sheet in Origin, or Hero, has the "Finishing Touches" step properly applied. Some parts of this step seem to have been applied to some characters, but with no real consistency besides the addition of the bonus knacks in Origins only, so I'm forced to assume that it was left off intentionally for the players to customize for themselves, and I'm including the removal of the parts of "finishing touches" that have been included to the individual characters in the corrections below.

In Origin Eric Donner is over-spent by 3 skill points and 2 Knacks. In Hero he is over-spent by 2 skill points (A dot of Subterfuge disappeared... oddly appropriate, but probably an error) . He is also under-spent by 1 Birthright point.

In Origin Emanuel Montero is over-spent by 3 Skill points, and 2 Knacks. In Hero he is under-spent by 2 skill points (His Leadership skill vanished), 1 Social attribute point, and 1 Birthright point.

In Origin Hassan al-Hakim is over-spent by 2 Knacks, and under-spent by 1 skill point. In Hero he is under-spent by 3 skill points (Lost 4 points of Survival, and 1 point of Persuasion, but gained 3 points of Empathy), and by 1 Mental attribute point (Lost a dot of Resolve compared to Origin)

In Origin Rashmi Bhattacharya is over-spent by 3 skill points, and 2 Knacks, In Hero she is over-spent by 3 skill points, she is also under-spent by 1 Mental attribute point (Lost a dot of Intellect compared to Origin).

In Origin Rhiannon Jernigan is over-spent by 2 Knacks, and is missing her specialization in Medicine. In Hero, besides missing any of the Finishing Touches step, she's good as is.

I think they are still wrong, but my maths differ. A Scion in Origin/Hero level should have 23 Skill Points. 18 from Paths ((3*3)+(3*2)+(3*1)) and 5 from Finishing Touches. Checking the RMC from Origin, they are like:

Eric = 21; Emanuel =21; Hassan = 17; Rasmi = 21; Rhyannon = 18

I would check Hero too, but that is the point. These points need to be re-checked.

Comment

Another case, but it appears to be something or already discussed, or something I really didn't get why.

In the Kami chapter of Scion: Hero, there should be a section about their Primordials (suppose they are Izanagi and Izanami)? Because... Well, there is nothing.

Comment

Scion Hero: P.240 in Sacred Animals: there's a "p. XX" for Motif.

Comment

Working...
                              X