Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Path Skills Choices

Hi,

Can't see this answered anywhere else, but apologies if this is a duplicate or already errata'd.

In the Paths and Roles sections is there a set number of skills you should get for each one? For example in the Origins paths the skills are:

Adventurer, Chosen, Suvivalist, Terra Inconita, War-Torn - 4 skills, choose 3
    Created, Life of Privilege, Military Brat - 3 skills
    Potemkim World - 4 skills
    Child of the Streets and Suburbia - 3 skills, choose 2

It looks like you should get 3 skills from the origin paths, but RAW say you can get between 2 and 4. From a purely min/max point of view, why would you ever choose Child of the Streets or Suburbia when you get more with Potemkim World?

Yeah see, you're reading them wrong.

Those listed Skills are more what you call GUIDELINES. They're lists of "These skills are COMMONLY associated with these Paths"

Each Path has three Asset Skills. And in most cases, you pick ones that make sense. The only cases when the Skills are set in stone are the Pantheon Paths, which do have two Skills set in stone, but you can still pick the third.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Thanks, I did wonder from some of the wording in other places. I really, really wish this book had a summary page with all the character creation steps. Having to continually jump forwards and backwards several pages is quite annoying.

Comment

Working...
      X