Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systematic Questions, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GODS HELP!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are Conditions and Complications. The conditions are Bruised Condition, Broken Arm Condition, Crushed Skull Condition, etc. Each condition have one of the 3 complications, -1, -2 or -4, that are named Bruised, Injured and Maimed.

I know it’s... ...confuse... it’s confuse, but it’s described this way. You can have multiple Bruised conditions, if you get too many of them you have a Bruised condition that cause a Injured Complication. Honestly, Injury Condition and Injured Complication was MUCH worse, you know, if you have an a Injury you are Injured, but as they are technically different words, no confusion.

Anyway, they also talk about Bruised, Injured or Maimed Conditions, but... it’s just to not say a “condition with complication” Bruised...

There is also the “Condition Level”, but they are the “boxes” in the character sheet.

It’s written in the most confuse way possible, but that’s the idea...
    Last edited by Mateus Luz; 05-08-2019, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Again, Trinity is better written because it doesn’t say “You can’t take the blank condition”, it just says “you get an injury that is adequate for the kind of damage caused. Also Bashing and Letal are not the kinds, you have Edge, Blunt, Balistic, Acid, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
        There are Conditions and Complications. The conditions are Bruised Condition, Broken Arm Condition, Crushed Skull Condition, etc. Each condition have one of the 3 complications, -1, -2 or -4, that are named Bruised, Injured and Maimed.

I know it’s... ...confuse... it’s confuse, but it’s described this way. You can have multiple Bruised conditions, if you get too many of them you have a Bruised condition that cause a Injured Complication. Honestly, Injury Condition and Injured Complication was MUCH worse, you know, if you have an a Injury you are Injured, but as they are technically different words, no confusion.

Anyway, they also talk about Bruised, Injured or Maimed Conditions, but... it’s just to not say a “condition with complication” Bruised...

There is also the “Condition Level”, but they are the “boxes” in the character sheet.

It’s written in the most confuse way possible, but that’s the idea...

Thank you. Every time I read it (and had someone else read it too), this was not actually clear. That actually helps me understand this a lot more, thank you for your patient and respectful aid.

Comment

Newest question:

Virtues and Virtuous- Explain please?

Comment

This one is simple once you get it. It’s all about forcing interpretation...

You don’t fill the dots, you mark the correct position in the track. You start Va OOXOO Vb, if you use momentum to an activity related to the virtue A ou turn into OXOOO, if you do again you go XOOOO. If you then spend momentum to go to the other virtue you became OXOOO, do again and you go OOXOO, and again OOOXO and finally OOOOX.
            Also, if you spend a momentum to do an action related to any of the virtues, you get an extra die (in addition to the usual die from spending momentum).

If you get XOOOO or OOOOX you are virtuous to the related virtue. When you are virtuous and spend momentum to reinforce the virtue you are virtuous, you get a 3rd extra die (in addition to the other 2, one from momentum and one from virtue)

Virtuous (beside the extra dice) add an extra momentum anytime it is annoying to follow your virtue (as long you follow it). For example, if you should kill to fill your virtue and the opponent would be useful if not dead, you should gain a momentum for killing...

So you get a bonus for following the proper interpretation...
            Last edited by Mateus Luz; 05-10-2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohanDracys View Post
              Newest question:

Virtues and Virtuous- Explain please?
              Alright the bulk of the explanation is on page 162-163 of the Origin book, but I'll lay it out here.

Every Pantheon has a pair of Virtues attributed to them. These are two values that often crop up in the stories of this Pantheon. This is demonstrated via your character having a five-point bar, with one Virtue at each end. Let's pick, oh, the Teotl Virtues (because I like the Teotl). The Teotl Virtues are Hunger, a desire for MORE, more Glory, more Prestige, more Wealth, more Power... And Sacrifice, the Virtue of granting something significant for something greater than yourself.

So we'll have Ash, a DJ Scion of Xochipilli. She starts with her Virtue Bar centered, like so:

Hunger O O X O O Sacrifice

Certain actions can resonate with one of these Virtues. If you take an action that does so (and you'll be declaring this to your GM most of the time), you can spend Momentum to enhance your roll. Doing so will grant you a bonus die for the Momentum you spend. This will also move you one step along the bar towards the end with that virtue.

So let's say that Ash, in combat, decides to go for broke and instead of setting up an attack for an ally, she goes for the kill, for personal desire of having the killing blow. I, her player, argue that this kind of personal interest would resonate with Hunger. Let's assume the GM agrees, so I spend my Momentum to enhance the roll, and gain two dice for the one Momentum spent. I would then move the point for her Virtue Bar like so-

Hunger O X O O O Sacrifice

With me so far? Good. Now, if say, Ash made a major action that resonated with Sacrifice (possibly by missing a major DJ gig to help her friends), I'd get the same benefit... But I'd nudge the point to the middle of the bar, since it resonates with Sacrifice. The marker also goes towards the middle of the bar if you make a very deliberate action that goes against the Virtue at the end. So if Ash were to deliberately turn down something of great personal value to her (say, a Relic being offered if she turns on her friends but she refuses), then the marker would go back to the middle.

As for Virtuous... Well let's go back to Ash, and say that she did enough Hunger-aligned things to push her Virtue Bar all the way to one end.

Hunger X O O O O Sacrifice

Right, so Ash has engaged the Virtuous Condition (detailed in a sidebar at the top of page 163) for Hunger. She is going to be difficult. When in the grips of the Virtuous Condition, you cannot go against the Virtue. Ash can't turn away something that furthers or speaks to her Desire for More. However, this has impressive benefits. See that line about how spending Momentum on an Action that resonates with a Virtue gets you a bonus die? The Virtuous Condition also gives a bonus die per point of Momentum you spend on a Virtue-aligned action.

Those stack. If Ash is in her Hunger Virtuous Condition and spends Momentum on a Hungry Action, she gets three dice per Momentum spent.

The Virtuous Condition also gives more Momentum if your Virtue Rage gets you or a friend in trouble.

You end this Condition by acting in a way that embraces the opposite Virtue while not necessarily acting against the one you're in. Or using the Balm Fatebinding benefit, that can work too.

Hope this helped.

Edit: fukkin' Ninja'd. :P
              Last edited by Kyman201; 05-10-2019, 08:28 PM.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

That was actually very concise (wish the book was) thanks. My only further query would be, since virtues only appear in the appendix with supernatural paths for saints etc, do scions actually have them or just saints?

Comment

That was actually very concise (wish the book was) thanks. My only further query would be, since virtues only appear in the appendix with supernatural paths for saints etc, do scions actually have them or just saints?
                  Heroes does, origin level Scion don’t.

Comment

Are you looking at just Origin or Origin and Hero? Saints and Heroic Scions get Virtues. Seeing as pre-Visitation Scions aren't officially a part of a Pantheon they're not bound by the Virtues of their parents.

Comment

I’m starting with Origin since I’m starting my players pre visitation. Thank you for the clarification (and I will repeat my frustrations with the layouts of these books).

Comment

Newest question: What are Group deeds vs a Traditional campaign model? These concepts seem to conflict to me... though this one I will admit to the high likelihood of just being dense.

Comment

What are Group deeds vs a Traditional campaign model? These concepts seem to conflict to me... though this one I will admit to the high likelihood of just being dense.
                          ... Too easy.
                          Basically, think of a Group Deed as whatever objective you're throwing at your players hoping it will stick. If the sun vanished (hyperbolic for Hero level perhaps) then the Group/Band Deed will be something like "Put the sun back in the sky". Or something along those lines. I admit I'm not sure how you mean by 'conflict'. The group hears about trouble, goes to solve the trouble, ding, Band Deed.

If your players don't take the bait, continue to dangle plot hooks in front of them. But granted if your players are the type to hear "So there's a lot of strange disappearances in the city" and go "Well... Time to leave and never look back" this may not be the game for them. :P
                          Last edited by Kyman201; 05-11-2019, 02:10 AM.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                            ... Too easy.
                            Basically, think of a Group Deed as whatever objective you're throwing at your players hoping it will stick. If the sun vanished (hyperbolic for Hero level perhaps) then the Group/Band Deed will be something like "Put the sun back in the sky". Or something along those lines. I admit I'm not sure how you mean by 'conflict'. The group hears about trouble, goes to solve the trouble, ding, Band Deed.

If your players don't take the bait, continue to dangle plot hooks in front of them. But granted if your players are the type to hear "So there's a lot of strange disappearances in the city" and go "Well... Time to leave and never look back" this may not be the game for them. :P

The wording is... awkward. It says that the band gets together and decides communally on an objective. Normally there would be a plot decided by the GM. Either by module or home brew, but it the book makes it seem far more player decided of “Our epic adventure will be X” and leave it to the ‘Storyguide’ scrambling behind trying to figure out what to do with that direction.

Comment

The Band Deed is usually the reason the band is working together for now, so it’s kind of decided by the band. But in the end it’s the SG decision, as the band will not work together if Fate doesn’t want they to, or at least doesn’t give a reason to.

Comment

The wording is... awkward. It says that the band gets together and decides communally on an objective. Normally there would be a plot decided by the GM. Either by module or home brew, but it the book makes it seem far more player decided of “Our epic adventure will be X” and leave it to the ‘Storyguide’ scrambling behind trying to figure out what to do with that direction.
                                Here's the thing you seem to be misunderstanding.

Pretty much all of the time, players don't decide their Band Deed until they've already begun it. It's basically choosing a title for the adventure you've put in front of them. I've played in a few campaigns and am running one of my own, as well as talked to others in their own games, and I have never heard of this situation you seem to be conjuring, which if I'm reading you right is "My players decided their second Band Deed will be 'Let's go kill Ares' and I had planned for them to go investigate a tomb in Egypt".

It's theoretically possible that could happen, but that sort of thing would probably be indicative of any number of things, chief among them lack of Player and GM trust or poor communication. Generally, from your players' personal Deeds (Long and Short) as well as general character build, you should have an idea of what kind of thing they want to do (Half the PCs have the Warrior Calling, I should let them kick some ass). From there, you can come up with an arc to run through ("Durga has sent one of the Band members a message asking to help fight some Asura") and probably have half an idea as to what parts will suit what person.

From there, put in the adventure seeds ("A wandering Sage of the Deva has happened across the Deva Scion and passed on the message from Durga") and your players should do the rest ("Go fight some Asura? Badass!") and then you can come up with a catchy name for this Band Deed ("Slay the Champions of the Aurochs Asura").

Comment

Working...
                                X