Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systematic Questions, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GODS HELP!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyman201
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Okay, but the guideline is still to stick to -1, -2 and -4 penalty, unless the circumstances indicates for SG that it should be different, yes?

Because some common ground would be much more look for, to not go insane when running Storypath game system.
    They can be if it makes sense. Remember that -1 is a Mild Penalty that you slap on first the first injuries inflicted on the Antagonist while -4 is a Large Penalty that you would use to represent the Antagonist near death.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

Thats one of the points, the penalties don't need to be -1, -2, -4, it can be any number.
    Okay, but the guideline is still to stick to -1, -2 and -4 penalty, unless the circumstances indicates for SG that it should be different, yes?

Because some common ground would be much more look for, to not go insane when running Storypath game system.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-17-2019, 12:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

So hurt Antagonists do not get Momentum back from Conditions, but they still have rolls penalties, like -1, -2, etc?
    Thats one of the points, the penalties don't need to be -1, -2, -4, it can be any number. Lets say your target is a mechanical automato, the penalties it suffers is different from the ones a regular person would. The same way you can chose with complication you will suffer when you get hit, the SG can pick the proper penalty the antagonist will receive.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
    Origin- Page 116
    "Antagonists don’t per se suffer from Injury Conditions, but they should have Complications penalties applied to them as necessary."
    So hurt Antagonists do not get Momentum back from Conditions, but they still have rolls penalties, like -1, -2, etc?

Leave a comment:

• MoroseMorgan
    replied
    In case you are able to come back and your frustration has subsided, or just for posterity and anyone else looking through this thread-

Origin- Page 116
    "Antagonists don’t per se suffer from Injury
    Conditions, but they should have Complications
    penalties applied to them as necessary."

It's in the sidebar about Antagonists.

Leave a comment:

• PenDragon
    replied
    Originally posted by JohanDracys View Post
    I had already apologized to the project creator but thanks for the additional chastising.
    In the future if you have complaints about the moderation you should use the Contact Us option at the bottom of the thread.

Enjoy your week off. Consider using that time to read the forum rules.

Leave a comment:

• JohanDracys
    replied
    TC books? Sorry I don’t do well with acronyms.

And at this point you are no longer addressing my issue and actually emphasizing the problem. There is ABSOLUTELY no coherent order to this book or the systematics. A system that is introduced as specific to a specific subset character is suddenly integral to all characters in another book, 4 references in Origin explicitly reference Hero expecting you to possess the book making it obvious that it’s not meant to be a stand alone or just intending to force the purchaser (yes I’m aware everybody who kickstarted got both) to buy the additional book and Hero is just as bad explicitly saying Relics will have entirely new systematics when Demigod comes out.

The combat system is ill written and does explicitly contradict itself AS WRITTEN, and now the antagonists run on an entirely different and contradictory track that AS WRITTEN contradicts even the intuitive material of all the previous chapters.

And before someone else accuses me of “just not liking the system,” I payed my money, bought 1st ed (twice actually since some jackass lost parts of my first set), and waited 2 years for my books, then over a week to get admitted to this forum explicitly to get the help I needed so I could properly understand the game I wanted to ENJOY!

But every single time I ask a question I’m treated like the village idiot, told to screw off, and when I do get an answer it basically equates to “the rules are made up and the book doesn’t matter.” Because absolutely none of the answers I’ve been given (with the exception of an answer on another thread) has been a simple “this page, X” it’s all been an effort in interpretive literature.
    Last edited by JohanDracys; 05-15-2019, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Sorry Johan, it’s quite difficult to help you here.
    The entire point of the game play is even when you fail you still get some help and even when you are successful you still leave some lose ends for the adversaries.
    You gain Momentum in 2 ways, when you fail on tests and when you face complications, failing or not the test. It includes when the injuries disturb you.

Basically, if you are in a bad situation, your group have some extra effort to help you, and you fight for your survival. Think about it as a Karma if you do t want this extra effort I game. That’s basically the only reason to get a condition that is not the weakest and the one that affects you the least (ok, I should not touch in this point right now, but... too late...)

Regular creatures get no momentum, but heroic creatures have a SG momentum to explore, it’s described in the Hero book, if I am not wrong (I am reading Hero now, but I keep consulting Origins and both TC books), and the same way, your successes gives them this extra effort that helps them to... defeat you.

Leave a comment:

• JohanDracys
    replied
    I had already apologized to the project creator but thanks for the additional chastising.

Leave a comment:

• PenDragon
    replied
    Wait... taking damage gives you momentum? Where the hell... ok, I give up, this system is frelled. Whatever person designed this book and thought this was easy to understand was dropped on their head as a small child.
    Insulting the developers is not acceptable criticism on these forums. It's clear you don't like the game and barely read the book, so how about you get out of the thread.

Leave a comment:

• JohanDracys
    replied
    Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

OK... I'm really not sure why this isn't sinking in for you.

You don't take the generic versions, you take personalized/specific instances of them.

This seems to be something you're struggling with across the board. You don't take a Role Path of "Detective." You use the Detective as a template to build your Role Path of, "FinCen Agent That Ensures Everyone Pays their Due."

Likewise with damage, you don't take the Bruised Injury Condition, you use the Bruised template when you take damage in a Bruised Health Level, to take the Bloody Nose Condition; including the Momentum generation Conditions give you.
    Oh I learned that. And thanks for the condescension.

The book for antagonists LITERALLY says they do not take those conditions.

And I quote “This is the number of Health Boxes the Archetype comes with by default. Antagonists do not have Injury Conditions, but are Taken Out when their last Health Box is filled.”

Therefor plain text reading of the book Rich put out and I bought says that everything you said about them taking any injury condition is bunk. Because the TEXT says so. You can imply whatever you want from the whole of the book but those are house rules to fix this drivel.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    Except plain text reading says they don’t actually take those.
    OK... I'm really not sure why this isn't sinking in for you.

You don't take the generic versions, you take personalized/specific instances of them.

This seems to be something you're struggling with across the board. You don't take a Role Path of "Detective." You use the Detective as a template to build your Role Path of, "FinCen Agent That Ensures Everyone Pays their Due."

Likewise with damage, you don't take the Bruised Injury Condition, you use the Bruised template when you take damage in a Bruised Health Level, to take the Bloody Nose Condition; including the Momentum generation Conditions give you.

Leave a comment:

• JohanDracys
    replied
    Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

No. Taking damage give you Conditions. Conditions give you momentum when/if their negative consequences get in your way (which Injury Conditions are very prone to doing if they don't get magically healed ASAP). This is stated in the general rules section under Conditions, and the Injury Conditions all give their Momentum granting situation for you in the Resolving Damage section. The word "Momentum" is literally sitting there in bold for each Injury Condition level.
    Except plain text reading says they don’t actually take those. It’s in the book. That’s an implied mechanic, not an explicit one.

There are now 2 completely separate compare systems in the same game, with a conflicting mechanic track. This is not simple, streamlined,!nor in any way adequately explained in the product I purchased. So I think my unbridgeable will remain justified.

I will apologize for the personal attack. It was not appropriate on a forum possessed by the content creators.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    Wait... taking damage gives you momentum?
    No. Taking damage give you Conditions. Conditions give you momentum when/if their negative consequences get in your way (which Injury Conditions are very prone to doing if they don't get magically healed ASAP). This is stated in the general rules section under Conditions, and the Injury Conditions all give their Momentum granting situation for you in the Resolving Damage section. The word "Momentum" is literally sitting there in bold for each Injury Condition level.

Leave a comment:

• RichT
    replied
    Wait... taking damage gives you momentum? Where the hell... ok, I give up, this system is frelled. Whatever person designed this book and thought this was easy to understand was dropped on their head as a small child.
    Not acceptable. You clearly have problems with how the game plays, but as you can see from all the responses from folks telling you how it works, other people can both understand and play the game. And I actually appreciate the points you make in terms of helping anyone else with questions as to how the systems work. But you do not have any reason to come here and strew insults about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X