Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systematic Questions, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GODS HELP!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohanDracys View Post

Replying to WyrdGM: I wasn’t aware I had accused you of that. I did not ascribe motives to comments before they were there. I read them. But if you read an accusation against you in my tone that was not there then I can only point you to who I was addressing in the post you quote. Your posts on reflection were simple, succinct and accurate upon reflection with my current understanding.
    Originally posted by JohanDracys
    Since I had previously quoted in greater detail what the definition of a Condition was, and the application of a Condition as an Enhancement had no relevance in the discussion or the answer to my question, I fail to see how this post in any way serves the discourse except as I began the post with, to pile on with comments in order to try and make me feel dumb.
    This was literally a reply to me. To my post. Bold emphasis mine.

Comment

• I am legitimately unsure of the motives of this post. Do you want me to retract my apology? That’s pretty petty for me to do (even for me). Do you need to just prove I’m wrong? Again? I had legitimately made a mistake and misattributed your quote to a fictional poster. I could make excuses for the mistake, but the mistake was still mine. But what besides continuing to attack me is the point to this at this stage?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohanDracys View Post
        I am legitimately unsure of the motives of this post. Do you want me to retract my apology? That’s pretty petty for me to do (even for me). Do you need to just prove I’m wrong? Again? I had legitimately made a mistake and misattributed your quote to a fictional poster. I could make excuses for the mistake, but the mistake was still mine. But what besides continuing to attack me is the point to this at this stage?

Okay, since you say you are ASD, I'll explain how this NT reads this:

Originally posted by JohanDracys
        Replying to WyrdGM: I wasn’t aware I had accused you of that. I did not ascribe motives to comments before they were there. I read them. But if you read an accusation against you in my tone that was not there then I can only point you to who I was addressing in the post you quote. Your posts on reflection were simple, succinct and accurate upon reflection with my current understanding.
        This does not read an as apology.
        Saying you were 'I wasn’t aware I had accused you of that.' could be an apology if it was meant as 'Oh sorry, I was not aware, did not mean that, my bad,' but instead you followed it up with 'I did not ascribe motives to comments before they were there. I read them. But if you read an accusation against you in my tone that was not there then I can only point you to who I was addressing in the post you quote.'

Instead, that comes off as a 'You are misreading. I did not say that. And if you think I did, you are wrong, I was addressing someone else.' Again, that is not an apology.
        So, since you said you were addressing someone else, I pointed out how you were addressing me, and indeed, ascribed a motive of trying to make you feel dumb.
        Things that directly contradict the statements in your own non-apology apology.

I do not care for an apology from you. You do not need to make one. My complaint is your lack of intellectual honesty. You see it as an attack. I see it as you attacked me when I was trying to politely explain a misunderstanding I believe you have with the text, and when you were called out for your shenanigans, you pull more bad faith tactics.

None the less, you have one thing very correct. This conversation has run it's course.

Comment

• Okay, that's enough, this thread is over.

Onyx Path Moderator
          Mod Voice is RED*
          *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
          Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

Working...
          X