Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone gotten their books yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Florin View Post
    From the packaging, I assume those are Q-Workshop dice? Are they of similar quality to other Q-Workshop dice?

    I don't think I've ever seen Q Workshop dice. I'm not fond of these at all. They seem just basic gray plastic with the graphics printed on them. I'm sure OPP is doing their best but they seem pretty cheap. Nothing like the prototype photos at all. I would suggest contacting a company like Chessex for a special run.


    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_485_1538393298974_786[/ATTACH]

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by karpomatic View Post


      I don't think I've ever seen Q Workshop dice. I'm not fond of these at all. They seem just basic gray plastic with the graphics printed on them. I'm sure OPP is doing their best but they seem pretty cheap. Nothing like the prototype photos at all. I would suggest contacting a company like Chessex for a special run.
      Sorry you don't like them, but they are indeed Q-Workshop dice, the face designs are 3-D, and then the ink filled in the designs. Although the designs are simplified, because there's no way to make the Pantheon symbols in the detail they are in 2D art, they are individualized, in different colors, in grey as per the mock-ups. Chessex would not be able to do these.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by RichT View Post

        Sorry you don't like them, but they are indeed Q-Workshop dice, the face designs are 3-D, and then the ink filled in the designs. Although the designs are simplified, because there's no way to make the Pantheon symbols in the detail they are in 2D art, they are individualized, in different colors, in grey as per the mock-ups. Chessex would not be able to do these.

        It's all good, Rich. I'm not here to bash them. You can't please everyone, right? I'm surprised that Chessex can't do it. I guess it's a different process. I'm not sorry I bought them. I'll just leave them sealed and wait 20 years to sell them for a mint on Ebay like the old WOD dice are going for now.


        [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_485_1538393298974_786[/ATTACH]

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by JohanDracys View Post
          Yes. As incompetent as I am with a computer, I do know how to do that at least. And no, it does not work. It has never worked. None of my surveys have ever shown up, and my email is never recognized as having an account.
          I had this problem too. Tried my email, every password I would have used. It still said my email and info was wrong. I dealt with it a couple years ago, so I'm not sure if I'm remembering everything correctly.

          At some point I got emails from KS or Backerkit saying "here's your link to your pledge". If I clicked on the link, I'd see my pledge and modify it on the Backerkit site, but I couldn't log in (as I mentioned) to see my other pledges. Each link like that was separate. It's like the links went directly to the pledge and didn't care if I had an account.

          So to fix it, I started with one of those links. Then I clicked the sign up button in the upper right. I went through registration using the same email address I used with KS and my KS associated surveys (and thus BK). Once I finished that, I want to say there was a link to 'recover my account'. I said yes, and it grabbed all the pledges with my email address attached to them and added them to my account. It's worked since.

          If you don't have one of those links, you might be able to straight up register and recover the pledges that way. No guarantees, tho.

          Comment


          • #35
            Got my copy of the Scion books today!

            Comment


            • #36
              Yep. Got mine too.

              The dice are unusual. They're really light, almost like they're hollow? Or made of something different? RichT can you comment on the composition of the things?

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Ariketh View Post

                I had this problem too. Tried my email, every password I would have used. It still said my email and info was wrong. I dealt with it a couple years ago, so I'm not sure if I'm remembering everything correctly.

                At some point I got emails from KS or Backerkit saying "here's your link to your pledge". If I clicked on the link, I'd see my pledge and modify it on the Backerkit site, but I couldn't log in (as I mentioned) to see my other pledges. Each link like that was separate. It's like the links went directly to the pledge and didn't care if I had an account.

                So to fix it, I started with one of those links. Then I clicked the sign up button in the upper right. I went through registration using the same email address I used with KS and my KS associated surveys (and thus BK). Once I finished that, I want to say there was a link to 'recover my account'. I said yes, and it grabbed all the pledges with my email address attached to them and added them to my account. It's worked since.

                If you don't have one of those links, you might be able to straight up register and recover the pledges that way. No guarantees, tho.

                Yeah except Backerkit objects to AOL. So meh. I have my PDFs, presumably I'll get my books soon.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Just got emailed my books shipped. 2 for me, and 2 for a friend’s birthday. Just got to print out and stick the errata/faq pages in the backs of each


                  Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Mine have shipped. I'm in Canada, so we'll see how long it takes.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Okay, I'm looking over my books now, and there's no "QR Card" packed with 'em. So now I really want to know what those were supposed to be :P If they're related to the errata or what.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
                        Yep. Got mine too.

                        The dice are unusual. They're really light, almost like they're hollow? Or made of something different? RichT can you comment on the composition of the things?

                        Q-Workshop dice always feel lighter to me. Did you ever have the Aberrant dice? They remind me of those.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Florin View Post


                          Q-Workshop dice always feel lighter to me. Did you ever have the Aberrant dice? They remind me of those.
                          Nope. Abby was out of print by the time I started playing.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                            Just got emailed my books shipped. 2 for me, and 2 for a friend’s birthday. Just got to print out and stick the errata/faq pages in the backs of each

                            And they’re here!


                            Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Got my copies today. They look really good!


                              "Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
                                Okay, I'm looking over my books now, and there's no "QR Card" packed with 'em. So now I really want to know what those were supposed to be :P If they're related to the errata or what.

                                My books arrived today! Three days sooner than tracking said even!

                                My QR Cards were tucked in the books themselves - they basically have a QR code and a URL for the errata and such.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X