Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the Virtue track work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How does the Virtue track work?

    I am a bit confused by the Virtue track. You put one Virtue on one end and the other at the opposite end. Where does the track start? In the middle? If you move the track counter closer to that virtue when you do something that is in line with that virtue, doesn't that mean you are lowering dice?

    I assume that you gain a number of extra dice equal to the number of dots you have in the virtue, on top of the one gotten from spending a momentum, when you do something that resonates with that virtue.

    As you can see from the makeup of my question, I am very confused.

  • #2
    It’s not about filling it, it’s about moving one mark from one side to the other.

    I would start on OOXOO, but the SG could let you start on any other position, XOOOO for example.

    Comment


    • #3
      Check post 34, 35 and mainly 36 for doubts on Virtues.

      http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...e-of-gods-help

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bioagent View Post
        I am a bit confused by the Virtue track. You put one Virtue on one end and the other at the opposite end. Where does the track start? In the middle? If you move the track counter closer to that virtue when you do something that is in line with that virtue, doesn't that mean you are lowering dice?
        The track starts in the middle and moves towards the Virtue that you act in accordance with... if you dedicatedly act in line with only one, it moves towards that end faster... if you uphold both Virtues equally you tend to oscillate between them.

        Originally posted by Bioagent View Post
        I assume that you gain a number of extra dice equal to the number of dots you have in the virtue, on top of the one gotten from spending a momentum, when you do something that resonates with that virtue.
        I'm not sure why you're assuming this, that's not how it works at all... if an action is in line with a Virtue, you may spend a point of momentum to add two dice to it, as opposed to the one die you get on standard actions... if you have a Virtue maxxed out, then you get three dice when you spend momentum on it. You never gain dice automatically.

        Originally posted by Bioagent View Post
        As you can see from the makeup of my question, I am very confused.
        Hope that helped.

        Comment


        • #5
          That helps a lot, thanks!

          Comment

          Working...
          X