No announcement yet.

The Mythos (aka, Yog Sothothery), Homebrew Scion 2nd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they were apart of a canonical Scion game. They would be treated much more like titanspawn and other antagonists.

Comment

Anyone has a guess as to what Pantheon specific Purview and Boons will the pantheon have? Or might there even be more Purviews, considering the possibility of a standalone version of the world apart from the other Pantheons?

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus View Post
        Anyone has a guess as to what Pantheon specific Purview and Boons will the pantheon have? Or might there even be more Purviews, considering the possibility of a standalone version of the world apart from the other Pantheons?
        I’m guessing the PSP in Masks of the Mythos will deal with (what Lovecraft would inaccurately call) non-euclidian space, visible colors outside the visible spectrum, and the resulting madness from witnessing these nonsensical things.
        Last edited by glamourweaver; 05-21-2019, 03:22 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

I’m guessing the PSP in Masks of the Mythos will deal with (what Lovecraft would inaccurately call) non-euclidian space, visible colors outside the visible spectrum, and the resulting madness from witnessing these nonsensical things.
          That's pretty much what I expect. Although now that I think about it, Boons dealing with mutations might also fit. So would powers dealing with the Dreamlands.

It really seems more logical that there will be multiple Purviews with all these varied abilities connected to the Mythos.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus View Post
            That's pretty much what I expect. Although now that I think about it, Boons dealing with mutations might also fit. So would powers dealing with the Dreamlands.

It really seems more logical that there will be multiple Purviews with all these varied abilities connected to the Mythos.
            Well interacting with dreams is already covered by the Darkness Purview, so Dreamland would more likely just be an aspect of the setting that aspects of you’re using the Lovecraft Shard.

Mutations I could actually see being their own system of things that kick in with inheriting any Purview. Like the Water innate makes you grow gills instead of just magically being immune to drowning, etc.
            Last edited by glamourweaver; 05-21-2019, 04:11 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I could see their innate Purview handling mutations similar to how Shape-Shifting works for the Theoi. You can get a lot of mileage out of the Chaos and Darkness purviews.

Comment

Not sure on Mutations. It does feel a little too similar to what the Theoi can do (Though with more tentacles obviously)

Maybe something related to rituals and rites perhaps? From what I recall, a lot of cthulhu mythos stories have about as many cultists and individuals trying to do magic to summon something forth from another world or do weirder things like switch bodies or screwing around with time. Also some mind bending dimensional travel but I think Journeys boons can cover that as the line gets expanded.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltaomega91 View Post

Maybe something related to rituals and rites perhaps? From what I recall, a lot of cthulhu mythos stories have about as many cultists and individuals trying to do magic to summon something forth from another world or do weirder things like switch bodies or screwing around with time. Also some mind bending dimensional travel but I think Journeys boons can cover that as the line gets expanded.

Nah, the mind switching thing is something that The Great Race of Yith does on a casual whim, when studying the universe. They're rather nice guys, who will let you explore their intergalactic libraries free of charge... until your mind inevitably snaps from exposure to their cosmic secrets.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                    Nah, the mind switching thing is something that The Great Race of Yith does on a casual whim, when studying the universe. They're rather nice guys, who will let you explore their intergalactic libraries free of charge... until your mind inevitably snaps from exposure to their cosmic secrets.
                    Body swapping was a Plot Point in The Thing on the Doorstep and the people involved are definitely not Ythians. The Great Race does have the advantage of doing that though time travel though. Part of the reason they have avoided extinction so far.

On a side not I'm kinda surprised Yog-Sothoth is not on this list of gods. He (It? I dunno) is one of the few gods that had something close to a Scion. Azathoth I can understand because frankly no one sane wants to wake him up and honestly makes for a good Titan.

Comment

Working...
                    X