Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Titanomachy" Supplement Was Just Announced

On today's Monday Meeting notes.

I think it got mentioned in the most recent Kickstarter update. Alas, we don't have a lot to go on beyond the name, so everything is just Pure Speculation.

So I'm going to predict with the authority vested in me by My Own Ego that this is clearly gonna be a book that takes a look at the various Titans throughout the World, goes into "So what makes a Titan?", breaks down the differences in outlook towards Titans across the Pantheons, and probably give rules for playing a Titanic Scion.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
      I think it got mentioned in the most recent Kickstarter update. Alas, we don't have a lot to go on beyond the name, so everything is just Pure Speculation.

So I'm going to predict with the authority vested in me by My Own Ego that this is clearly gonna be a book that takes a look at the various Titans throughout the World, goes into "So what makes a Titan?", breaks down the differences in outlook towards Titans across the Pantheons, and probably give rules for playing a Titanic Scion.
      I hope they answer if Kronos is an Agricultural Titan or a Titan of the passage of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post

I hope they answer if Kronos is an Agricultural Titan or a Titan of the passage of time.
        That's a common mistake. Kronos is in no way related to Chronos, the names just sound the same. It'd be like claiming that your coworkers, Shawn and Sean, are the same person because their names are phonetically the same.

So, probably Agricultural.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
          That's a common mistake. Kronos is in no way related to Chronos, the names just sound the same. It'd be like claiming that your coworkers, Shawn and Sean, are the same person because their names are phonetically the same.

So, probably Agricultural.
          Got it.

ArcaneArts, are you by any chance also Shawn Mendes?

Comment

Titanomachy is most well known from Greek Mythology, but it's actual origins are Hititte Religion (along with the basic idea of a Olympian council).

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
              Titanomachy is most well known from Greek Mythology, but it's actual origins are Hititte Religion (along with the basic idea of a Olympian council).
              Seriously? Never heard of it before?

Comment

Yeah, my guess would be a break down on the conflicts each pantheon faces, who the titans in question are, how the fight in general is going, some plothooks scattered here and there, the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                  In Scion, the Titanomachy is a term the game uses to refer to any Pantheon war against Titan figures. For instance, the Deva and the Teotl are pretty ardently in the camp of "Exterminate the Titans", while you've got some Pantheons like the Manitou who are "There's not a huge difference between Titan and God, TBH" and the Orisha and Loa who are "Most of what you all call Titans are just being smeared by bad PR"

So yeah, the word is Greek in origin, but much like Pantheon it's used as a catch-all term.

Comment

Any thoughts on "demonization" of earlier deities to justify the rise later ones?
                    oy, I admit after reading about the Greek Titans and how little info there is, I an looking forward to anything resembling the titans and such early deities, and where the imagination goes with them.

Mankind was once an endangered species. It will likely be so again. And mankind will only have itself to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                      Got it.

ArcaneArts, are you by any chance also Shawn Mendes?
                      I'm wasn't Canadian the last time I checked, so probably not.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                      Currently Working On: The Noble and the Sovereign, Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                        I'm wasn't Canadian the last time I checked, so probably not.
                        Oh Dang it

Comment

Working...
                        X