Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relics and Guide Skills/Stunts/Purviews of Ready Made Characters

Hi,

I recently played a short One Shot with some Friends to test out the rules and stuff and we used the Ready Made Characters.
    Then we realised that most of the Birthrights are not described fully on the Charakter sheets.
    Except for Giantsbane from Eric it seems there is not a lot of information regarding what the other Relics do exactly.
    Some can be guessed by the Purviews that are listed, but then we are missing the Motifs.

So the Question is did I miss something? Or do we need to think up those things our self?

Originally posted by PSchu View Post
    Hi,

I recently played a short One Shot with some Friends to test out the rules and stuff and we used the Ready Made Characters.
    Then we realised that most of the Birthrights are not described fully on the Charakter sheets.
    Except for Giantsbane from Eric it seems there is not a lot of information regarding what the other Relics do exactly.
    Some can be guessed by the Purviews that are listed, but then we are missing the Motifs.

So the Question is did I miss something? Or do we need to think up those things our self?
    *Checks the Premades*

Wow, that's a letdown. Yeah, no, these Birthrights aren't described at all, these Birthrights are basically unplayable.

At that level of creation you might as well make your own characters. Geeze, they don't even mention if any of them have any Enhancement.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Huh. Maybe those are the premade Birthrights from the book? Still sucks and is likely a mistake but iirc Giantsbane is in Hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
        *Checks the Premades*

Wow, that's a letdown. Yeah, no, these Birthrights aren't described at all, these Birthrights are basically unplayable.

At that level of creation you might as well make your own characters. Geeze, they don't even mention if any of them have any Enhancement.
        I honestly don't know if you are concerned or sarcastic... but ok... lets move on...

The Birthright (BR for short) used are not in the list of example BRs in the book, but the only Character that don't list the Purviews is exactly Eric "Thor with a Gun" Donner, the one that have the BR described in the book.

The Motifs are fun and crazy, have you read the BR examples? "Go big or go home", "Stop to Smell the flowers", "The Flash and Fury of the Thunderstorm". It is open to interpretation (widely open) and not difficult to imagine new ones for the characters by the names suggested, and that's the exact feeling we need to play Scion, it's open to interpretation as any myth or legend.

Comment

Oddly enough, I just cracked open one of the older PDFs (the very first one sent out before anyone noticed the missing fixes), and many of the premade Birthrights were more detailed there. For example, Emanuel's Eagle Warriors have listed tags, his Obsidian Knife has a brief explanation, etc. It looks like those got dropped at some point when the pregens were semi-fixed, not sure why.

Unfortunately, the premades have a number of other small mistakes. Besides the listed complaint of the Birthrights not being properly explained, there are a handful of little errors here and there like missing specialties, too many dots, miscalculating the provided common dice pools, and not properly indicating how many health levels characters have. It's not surprising - I'm actually more surprised in the rare instances where pregen math DOES add up properly in rpgs - but still a bit of a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

I honestly don't know if you are concerned or sarcastic... but ok... lets move on...
            In this case, a bit disappointed. If I have free time this weekend I may bang out some Birthrights to use.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X