X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omegaphallic
    started a topic Neoplatonism, Gnostism, and Hermetism in Scion

Neoplatonism, Gnostism, and Hermetism in Scion

How would you guess handle Neoplatonism, Gnostism and Hermetism in Scion 2e?

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    It interacts with Mythology. Neoplatonism was the unification of ancient Mythology, Theology, Philosophy, ect...

It was based on a mix of the Chaldean Oracles, Orphitism and other myster religion teachings with philosodphical teachings, obviously Plato, but with Neopythagreons, Stoics, and Aristolian influences ect...

It did refer at times to Mythology.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    I had to look up the Mal'akhim, it's means angels I believe. If you have both a Mal'akhim and Aeons Pantheons, and a Hypercosmic Pantheon that would be interesting.
    If I understand what you are referencing with the term “hypercosmic”, that’s in the realm of philosophy well outside the purview of myth and legend, and thus would not have a distinct pantheon.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

All good questions. I curious how devs would handle it.
    How the devs would handle it is “not touching it with a ten foot pole”.

We are in homebrew country.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    I had to look up the Mal'akhim, it's means angels I believe. If you have both a Mal'akhim and Aeons Pantheons, and a Hypercosmic Pantheon that would be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    Nothing really changes adding an Aeon Pantheon, unless there's ALSO a Mal'akhim Pantheon - we don't really have another example of 2 different Pantheons built on the same mythic foundation with opposing cosmological views like that. Do you include the Demiurge as a distinct figure in the Aeon cosmology? Or are they just at odds with the Mal'akhim and their chief divinity as being the Demiurge? If the Fallen of Christian Demonology also exist, how do they play into this?
    All good questions. I curious how devs would handle it.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Nothing really changes adding an Aeon Pantheon, unless there's ALSO a Mal'akhim Pantheon - we don't really have another example of 2 different Pantheons built on the same mythic foundation with opposing cosmological views like that. Do you include the Demiurge as a distinct figure in the Aeon cosmology? Or are they just at odds with the Mal'akhim and their chief divinity as being the Demiurge? If the Fallen of Christian Demonology also exist, how do they play into this?

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    The Gnostics revere Aeons, perhaps an Aeon Pantheon would be interesting, much less Anthromorphized.

Neoplatonism is different from Gnostism, the Gods of various Pantheons are worshipped by the Neoplatonists. But the Gods have Archangels and Angels, Cosmic and Hylic Archons, and more in Neoplatonism.

Hermetism is similar.

I would love to see a supplement on these deep religions and their applications to Scion 2e.

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    They exist. Nothing really changes aside from there being figures that some other people call gods. Some gnostic groups see the gods as archons of the demiurge.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    I was actually more refering to Theologically. The Neoplatonic conception/theological understanding of the Gods such as the Theoi is very different the Epic Poems.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    If you mean magic with big effects, same level as the Marvels, I have an adaptation os Hermetic Magic from Ars Magica to Storypath (specifically Trinity, but easy to adapt).

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-for-storypath

If you think about it on a more subtle way, closer to the magic concepts in real world Gnostism and Hermeticism, than you must think them as part of the Occult Skill. How exactly it would work depends on how much flavour and how much flash you want magic have.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X