Cost for additional boons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost for additional boons?

Hero allows a character to have 2 either from the character's innate purviews or those gained by relics. The EXP chart seems to ommit purchasing more.

The only way to get more boons is to raise your Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post
      The only way to get more boons is to raise your Legend.
      Yep. Really, in my experience, you don't need that many. This isn't 1e where you had dozens of Boons and only like seven were any good and a dozen were really basic powers that you shouldn't have had to pay XP for. (Seriously, paying for a Boon to keep your Fire Scion from getting burned by their own flames was Dumb)

Between the Boons being more individually useful and Marvels letting you use more general powers (including being able to emulate a Boon you have't learned yet, albeit at a higher price) having a relatively smaller number of Boons isn't really debilitating at all.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

The only way to gain more Boons is legend, but luckily you have Marvels to Emulate boons so that is pretty awesome ^^

Comment

Marvels are so great. Even in my current game I've only used "acquired" Boons a handful of times, and that was mostly Flight.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
          Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
          He/him pronouns, please

Comment

I think Neall’s mentioned the Companion may have an optional rule for purchasing additional boons.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

How 'acquiring' Boons through Marvels works?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

The Emulate Boon Marvel. On page 239.
                Last edited by BigDamnHero; 05-30-2019, 10:05 AM.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
                He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Also to keep in mind that you can customize your own boons.

Currently running: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 2year old daughter and a newborn son.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                    Really, here's a better way to think about it.

You can do damn near anything with Marvels. But there's a few divine tricks that your PC has mastered to the point where they come more naturally and can be done cheaper and without even needing a Marvel. THOSE are the Boons you've gained through increasing your Legend.
                    Last edited by Kyman201; 05-30-2019, 03:34 PM.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                      You don’t “acquire” a Boon with a Marvel - you just perform a Marvel. All Marvels are things that could be Boons, Boons are just the ones you’ve invested in to do cheaper by rote because it’s a more signature power for your character you want to wield more frequently and easily.
                      Last edited by glamourweaver; 05-30-2019, 11:13 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                      X