Scion 2e on DTRPG!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion 2e on DTRPG!

Scion Second Edition is now here for everyone!

Bundle with both
    Origin
    Hero
    Last edited by Second Chances; 06-05-2019, 04:05 PM.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Oh hey! Congrats Neall and team!

Cavaliers of Mars Creator

Comment

*Kermit Arm Flail*

Comment

Origins and Hero are also currently the top sellers on Drive Thru RPG.

Comment

Congrats to the crew! Go forth, believers who missed the Kickstarter!

And make an offering* to your personal God or Pantheon of choice

*for legal reasons I must specify that you should probably only like pour out a drink for the God in question, user does not condone ritual sacrifice of animals and definitely not of people

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Kitsune, Therianthrope and Satyr origin paths...

Added to wishlist!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
              Congrats to the crew! Go forth, believers who missed the Kickstarter!

And make an offering* to your personal God or Pantheon of choice

*for legal reasons I must specify that you should probably only like pour out a drink for the God in question, user does not condone ritual sacrifice of animals and definitely not of people
              Or throw in the fire some of the food you would eat, not much, or leave some cigars in a crossway.

Comment

So, has anybody else noticed in Scion: Hero, that one of the centaur variants is a Nuckelavee?

Since it's in the same category as Kitsune, Satyr and Wolf Warrior, I'm presuming that Centaurs are also playable?

These are Nuckelavees... the Celtic versions of Satan!

Last edited by Nyrufa; 06-07-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                  So, has anybody else noticed in Scion: Hero, that one of the centaur variants is a Nuckelavee?

Since it's in the same category as Kitsune, Satyr and Wolf Warrior, I'm presuming that Centaurs are also playable?

These are Nuckelavees... the Celtic versions of Satan!
                  Just going to leave this here:

Comment

Ordered the Origin book, and bought the PDF to go with it.

Decided to get both, since half the pages in my Beast Player's Guide have almost separated from the other half. I guess the thinness of the book made the glue / binding agent weaker than the thicker books have.

Will get Hero later, once we've got more money for it.

Comment

I'm presuming that Centaurs are also playable?
                      Yeah, page 313 of Hero has the basic Core Centaur Path Rules. Same page as the Nuckelavee path.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I put the Nuckelavee there mostly as an example of how far you could modify a Denizen Path (in this case, the basic Centaur). That said, I would do a (tiny, understated) dance of joy if I heard that someone actually played one.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoffrey View Post

I put the Nuckelavee there mostly as an example of how far you could modify a Denizen Path (in this case, the basic Centaur). That said, I would do a (tiny, understated) dance of joy if I heard that someone actually played one.

I suppose if you think being a literal child of war and death isn't hard core enough, making your character a skinless, demonic centaur is one way to go about correcting the problem.

Comment

Damn. After reading through the PDF's list of content, it seems like Origin only covers the Iron and Heroic levels of Myth, and Hero doesn't seem to expand on it further. I was hoping for details on how to play a game in which gods, monsters and magic were just fully out there in the open, as part of an every day natural occurrence. That was one of the things I was excited for with Second Edition. But now it seems we'll have to wait for Demigod and God before we get details on that.

Comment

Damn. After reading through the PDF's list of content, it seems like Origin only covers the Iron and Heroic levels of Myth, and Hero doesn't seem to expand on it further. I was hoping for details on how to play a game in which gods, monsters and magic were just fully out there in the open, as part of an every day natural occurrence. That was one of the things I was excited for with Second Edition. But now it seems we'll have to wait for Demigod and God before we get details on that.
                              I mean in later Hero, you can just have monsters and heroes fighting in the streets.

The Companion will have advice on how to ratchet up the Myth Level as well, iirc

Comment

Working...
                              X