Scion 2e on DTRPG!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

I mean in later Hero, you can just have monsters and heroes fighting in the streets.
    I don't doubt it, especially with the way some players might cause the ST's plot to spiral wildly off the rails.

But I was thinking something more along the lines of satyrs organizing drug fueled rave parties, sorcerers casually performing spells in full view of the public, the police being perfectly accustomed to giants stirring up trouble in their jurisdiction.

Basically, a world where the mythical not only exists, but is completely accepted. Even those who aren't connected to Legends, or influenced by Fate can expect to witness such events in their every day lives, rather than passively ignoring it going on in the background.

In other words, the sort of high fantasy, urban setting that one might find in Shadowrun, rather than the more covert operations that First Edition was limited to.

Comment

See the thing about the World... It's not that most of it is doubted. People by and large believe, and a Hero isn't viewed as some Strange New Unknown. If someone in the World of Scion saw a YouTube video of someone with a lightning sword slaying a demon, they would likely go "Oh is that a Scion of Zeus or of Indra?"

While most background mortals won't encounter the Mythic in their lives, that's not because there's a conspiracy hiding it. The Satyrs do throw crazy raves, but those are often by invitation because they like knowing their guests are cool with whatever freaky stuff happens. Elves don't deny existing, but they hide away in their magic villages because they prefer to not have fans hounding them every day.

Even if they don't see it, most people of the World know it's real.

And if mortals ignore signs of the divine, it's more likely to be due to "Well that's precisely none of my problem" rather than "Don't be silly, there's no such thing as magic or heroes"

That said if you DO want to have a World where Kitsune walk around with their tails out and the gyros stand in the corner is run by a satyr, you can certainly do that. It's part of making the World of Scion into YOUR World.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

I mean in later Hero, you can just have monsters and heroes fighting in the streets.

The Companion will have advice on how to ratchet up the Myth Level as well, iirc
        Indeed it does.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Hmm, just thought of a variant for the Kitsune:

Tanuki; They also have a reputation for being shapeshifting tricksters, but they're said to be associated with good luck and vast wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
            Hmm, just thought of a variant for the Kitsune:

Tanuki; They also have a reputation for being shapeshifting tricksters, but they're said to be associated with good luck and vast wealth.
            The persistent condition associated with the Path should be amusing

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
              Damn. After reading through the PDF's list of content, it seems like Origin only covers the Iron and Heroic levels of Myth, and Hero doesn't seem to expand on it further. I was hoping for details on how to play a game in which gods, monsters and magic were just fully out there in the open, as part of an every day natural occurrence. That was one of the things I was excited for with Second Edition. But now it seems we'll have to wait for Demigod and God before we get details on that.
              I got totally different view on the 2E World shown in Origin and Hero. It says about world with Gods in the open, interfering in lives of societies ( maybe not particular people ) - we had already the big topic about how this work.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...life-with-gods

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

I got totally different view on the 2E World shown in Origin and Hero. It says about world with Gods in the open, interfering in lives of societies ( maybe not particular people ) - we had already the big topic about how this work.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...life-with-gods
                The Gods of Scion interfere with mortal life probably about as much as Gods in THIS world do.

That is to say, for some people, with every aspect sometimes without even actually being there. :P

Comment

Running into Rhodes Corporation with it's own newspaper and new Colossus perfumes implies that Helios is running - maybe indirectly - the corporation. ( Image is from Scion 2E Hero book. )

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 06-09-2019, 06:48 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                    Running into Rhodes Corporation with it's own newspaper and new Colossus perfumes implies that Helios is running - maybe indirectly - the corporation. ( Image is from Scion 2E Hero book. )
                    I believe that is Donny Rhodes, the example Scion of Aphrodite, running the Rhodes Corporation and not Helios.

Scion 2e Homebrew Projects:
                    The Šiuneš, the Pantheon of the Hittite Empire, The Enduri: the Pantheon of the Manchu Peoples, The Sgā’na Qeda’s: the Pantheon of the Haida First Nation, The Abosom: The Pantheon of the Ashanti, Lebor Óe In Dea: an Expansion for the Túatha Dé Danann.

Comment

Echoing Watcher. That's Donnie Rhodes, he's in the Origin intro fiction. Bit of a celebrity because he's VERY good looking.

Mainly, in the World, Gods probably won't OPENLY manifest without reason. And they often need a good reason, as openly manifesting and charging through Times Square will lead to mass Fatebindings, which the Gods try to avoid doing recklessly. Belief on its own doesn't change a God, but what they do and associations to it can.

However, they're 'visible' in the same sense that in our world, the Christian God is visible in America. Each cross you see, each church you drive past, each sign that uses a quote from the Bible. The World at Origin level, most Gods will be visible in that way. Aphrodite's face gracing the Aphro-datey App, a rune carved into a rifle butt by a soldier to get Tyr's protection.

And well, the people who show up with lightning swords going "IT'S OKAY EVERYONE, I'M A SCION OF INDRA" when the giant shows up. That's, uh, that's a big difference. For most Origin folks, Heroes would be a fairly rare encounter though.

Now granted, sometimes Gods DO overtly appear. Occasionally. I think the Hero writeup mentions that Amaterasu occasionally appears to the Emperor of Japan and the Imperial Court of Japan. And many Gods, if they want to walk the mortal world, use Incarnations to disguise themselves.

And then there's the Deva, who given what I've heard about them, I can see a Deva spinning up an Avatar just so Kali can say she played herself in a big Bollywood movie.

Comment

How to repay your mortal companions for sticking by you, even though it would probably have gotten them killed on countless occasions: After becoming a God, you make them your Chosen Scions. Now everybody can have a piece of the glory!

Comment

Yay, my Origin book just arrived!

Comment

Working...
                          X