Other Media Inspirations for Scion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Media Inspirations for Scion

What are some of your thoughts for shows, movies, comics, etc. that feel like a good fit for conversion to Scion or could easily be a Scion story already?

I am reading Origins and Hilda comes to mind. Hilda could easily be the scion of a currently unnamed Aesir or Vanir father. She explores a world much like our own but where the supernatural is present and regarded as real. Trolls, thunder bird mistaken as the herald of Odin, wood spirits, and giants lurk in the edges. Her two friends could be fated boon companions while the Witch in the library and Alfur, the elven observer, are her guides.

It fits better than it probably should and I like the idea.

Saint Seya, the chosen heroes of Athena and their Birthright Armors (Cu = legend 1-2, Ag = legend 3-4 and Au = legend 5-6)

Comment

For comedic games, The Almighty Johnsons TV show would work. For creepy games, adapting some of the concepts from The Magnus Archive podcast would work well, I think.

Comment

The Iron Druid Chronicles
        Eric Donner gives me early Supernatural vibes, so I figure that could work too.

Comment

I have spent the entirety of the Cloak & Dagger show (which I'm aware is a fairly large departure from the comics) thinking 'this is Scion in a nutshell'.

---------------------------------------------
          Supporter of Spirits getting full playable splat design come Exalted 3E.
          Refugee from the 3rd Great Edition Wars of D&D.
          oWoD Latecomer, Exalted Optimist, Scion ST, Trinity Curious

Comment

Echoing Hilda for the tone of Scion. Not everyone runs into elves, spirits, or trolls, but nobody doubts they exist. Trolsberg built a large wall around the city to keep out trolls, and there's penalties for bringing trolls into the city. Giants are a known thing, nobody bats an eyelash at ghosts existing... The only real sign I can recall of things being kept on the down low was when Hilda found that book to summon the Tide Mice, and the Librarian asked to know how she found that section of the library.

And even that seemed to be less "We can't let the normals know that magic exists" and more "The books in here are dangerous so they're not for circulation"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I assume no need to go into things already referenced in Origin and Hero like American Gods, Wicked & Divine, and Rick Riordan stuff?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Is it me, or Gods from Pantheons can be run more or less like System Lords from Stargate-SG1?

https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/System_Lord

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Fate of Atlantis seems as fun inspiration for Theoi Scions.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Hardly an example of the right time period, but Hercules: the Legendary Journeys takes plaice in a world where all cultures’ myths are true, and petty gods use whatever demigod is on hand to further their own ends (when they’re not trying to kill them!).

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                      Hardly an example of the right time period, but Hercules: the Legendary Journeys takes plaice in a world where all cultures’ myths are true, and petty gods use whatever demigod is on hand to further their own ends (when they’re not trying to kill them!).
                      It dipped into future stuff from time to time

Comment

No surprise since it is tangentially related to Sandman, but Lucifer (TV) is an excellent take on an Incarnated Scion.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                          No surprise since it is tangentially related to Sandman, but Lucifer (TV) is an excellent take on an Incarnated Scion.
                          I don’t think Lucifer is a incarnated Scion. He is more likely an Avatar (I think he is the Angel physically made, not an avatar as he left his position in Hell to be in Earth) than an incarnation. Most of the incarnations have little to no knowledge or memories of their old incarnations at least in the beguinning. Lucifer and all the others are full aware of their lives from the time they step earth.

Comment

Working...
                          X