Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    MLP
    Psh, I've been doing an on-again off-again project for writing up the Royal Alicorns as possible Patrons.

Just need their Motif, PSP, and Pantheon Path. >3

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Psh, I've been doing an on-again off-again project for writing up the Royal Alicorns as possible Patrons.

Just need their Motif, PSP, and Pantheon Path. >3
      Well, I meant using them as inspiration for standard Scion characters spawned by real world gods. But I'd love to see Alicorn Patrons. (Luna is one of my three favorite characters, for a number of reasons.)

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
        I honestly want to try adapting the Avengers (more so the comics than the films). Also the Justice League, though Grant Morison specifically tried to parallel the team with the Olympians during his run on JLA back in the day.
        Speaking of Grant Morrison, his run of Flex Mentallo might be good to examine. Just replace "superheroes" with "gods."
        Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 06-21-2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I played once Part Time Gods, and the concept of the game is really nice, more Superheroic than godlike, maybe because of the way we played, but still...

I would like to try to have a story where all characters are Incarnations of the long lost gods, that for some reason start to popping on earth randomly around the world and learning what they are. There are a few other godlings rising, but none of them are on God level, maybe Demigods still. And the monsters are popping up around too, but not as incarnations, maybe by the act of the Titans or something.

The final idea is to discover how the gods died and why they are reborn, maybe to avoid the same fate or to repeat so the world live for one more circle.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
            Speaking of Grant Morrison, his run of Flex Mentallo might be good to examine. Just replace "superheroes" with "gods."
            His entire Doom Patrol run was great. I'm hoping it's possible to do something like Danny the Street in Scion. (Also Fiddlers' Green from Sandman.)

Flex Mentallo would, I think, make an interesting starting place for the idea of Charles Atlas as a modern god, perhaps part of a pantheon of similar figures. And then something like Luther Strode as one of his Scions.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Check out the graphic novel series 'Wayward' by Jim Zub. A must.

Everybody mentions 'Sandman' by Gaiman (rightfully so), but as good are the series 'The Books of Magic' by John Ney Rieber and 'Lucifer' by Mike Carey. Both are spin-offs but each rise to their own.

BTW, The 'Lucifer' TV show has NOTHING to do with the comic. Sadly...

Cheers,

Ken

Comment

Working...
              X