X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killerclown
    started a topic Question about two NPCs

Question about two NPCs

I am planning on running a Scion 2ed game based on Spy Thrillers like James Bond and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. The first adventure would basically be a "field training" mission where the PCs, who are either origin level or hero level Scions, are accompanying a senior operative of 'The Prism Foundation', the clandestine group the PCs are part of on a mission. The PC eventually lose their mentor in Athens to a seemingly indestructible mortal and, in their quest to finish the mission, discover a sinister plot by a Scottish Nobleman and a supposed "prophet" to cause a cataclysm of unimaginable scale.

Two of the notable PCs in this scenario is Fredrick Allman, a James Bond-like Superspy and a Scion and Lars McGill, the Irish butler of the main antagonist and a seemingly invulnerable individual who appears to be a completely average mortal with brute strength, much to the confusion of The Foundation. McGill, of course is a reference to Jaws. My question is how would you build a Scion Hero who is a big reference to James Bond and what Godly parent would fit best? Also, how would you make the McGill character work in a way that fits with Scion?

Edit: Fixed the title
    Last edited by Killerclown; 06-07-2019, 10:14 PM. Reason: Had to edit title

• Sheeted Kid
    replied
    I'll be honest: I also thought Killerclown was referring to the movie about a shark, rather than to the Bond villain.

It gets worse, though! I read Possessed's reply, and thought, "Oh, that Jaws! Yeah, that makes way more sense." But it turns out I was actually thinking of Oddjob.

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied
    Originally posted by Possessed View Post
    You know he means Jaws the Bond villain not Jaws the movie about a shark?

Jaws:
    https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/Jaws_(Richard_Kiel)

Jaws:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073195/
    JAWS IS A BOND VILLAIN?!

Leave a comment:

• Possessed
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
    Alas, I can't really weigh in on McGill, as I've never actually seen Jaws. Just parodies thereof. So, uh... Grab someone who gives you the Hunter Calling?
    You know he means Jaws the Bond villain not Jaws the movie about a shark?

Jaws:
    https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/Jaws_(Richard_Kiel)

Jaws:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073195/

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied
    Sometimes spies are Scions, Wyrd, and sometimes people want to play Divine Secret Agents. Using a character as inspiration doesn't mean sticking wholeheartedly to everything about it.

Now for making a Spy... Look for Patrons that grant you the Trickster Calling, maybe Liminal. Both of those would be handy.

Epic Dexterity and Deception would be a plus for your hypothetical James Bond Scion, in addition to the Trickster Calling.

From there, you'll also want to ask about what kind of Pantheon you're looking at. Honestly, I would start with the Tuatha de Dannan, as they're a very larger-than-life Pantheon full of very skilled professionals who play games with Exact Truths, Implications, Assumptions, and skill racheted up to Power Level Stupid. Of them, you can get the Trickster Calling and the Deception Purview inherited from Manannan mac Lir, so he's a patron I would seriously consider.

And of course, Loki Scions would have a LOT of advantage to becoming some kind of spy. As would say, Hermes of the Theoi. The Theoi would offer a good advantage too, as their Metamorphosis PSP would allow them to be complete Masters of Disguise.

Alas, I can't really weigh in on McGill, as I've never actually seen Jaws. Just parodies thereof. So, uh... Grab someone who gives you the Hunter Calling?

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    If it is Spy Thriller - why you choose Scion 2E for it? Trinity Continuum is Storypath game specifically for s-f and spy stuff, from a get go. In Scion, everything will sooner or later revolve around gods.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X