Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nexus is Coming!

EDIT: The Nexus is now here!

As per the MMN, it seems that the Storypath Nexus will open with Scion sometime in July!

Time to get creating!
    Last edited by Second Chances; 07-12-2019, 01:10 PM.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

The Nexus is coming?! Oh god(s), we're all doomed--run for your lives! Don't bother rescuing your children, as they'll only slow you down; I suggest....

[Looks into what the Storypath Nexus actually is.]

Oh. Well, that's not as bad as I feared. In fact, it's kind of cool!

Ahem. As you were.

Comment

Well, time to start working on my "German folklore in Scion" thing...

Sunken Castles, Evil Poodles is creating Public Domain translations of German folklore!

A German Geek - my gaming blog!

Comment

I probably won't get around to writing it, but I'm sure there's a market for pre-written conditions, especially for injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
          I probably won't get around to writing it, but I'm sure there's a market for pre-written conditions, especially for injuries.
          Eh, probably not injuries. They're just cute names for wounds decided on the spot with their penalties equal to the tank of the injury

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Eh, probably not injuries. They're just cute names for wounds decided on the spot with their penalties equal to the tank of the injury
            I agree, but a decent amount of questions I've seen about the system have involved injuries and their conditions. I could easily see people wanting to roll on some kind of table to see what kind of injury was inflicted, though. A few different tables for each injury level would probably be popular.

Comment

So Mal’akhim (and the Legio) first. Novus Ordo Seclorum and my American Gods homage-setting will probably have to wait until after Masks of the Mythos comes out with its Iron-level mechanics.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post

I agree, but a decent amount of questions I've seen about the system have involved injuries and their conditions. I could easily see people wanting to roll on some kind of table to see what kind of injury was inflicted, though. A few different tables for each injury level would probably be popular.
                I saw some of those posts, and I think the problem comes from them assuming the game has far more mechanical rigidity than it does.

Like they seem to assume "Battered" is a singular condition meant to always be a -1 injury but the book never tells you that because it's a meanie. Except that's not how it works. And a book that may imply it does will encourage people to think smaller and more limited.

Now me, I'm aiming big. I'm gonna put up a setting hack for playing Magical Girls, Divine Edition

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I think catalogues of birthright would also be interesting to see in the Nexus thingie.
                  I'd like to write up something like "10 famous Guides that will help you go from Zero to Hero" or something like that.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 2year old daughter anf a 1 year old son.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                    Now me, I'm aiming big. I'm gonna put up a setting hack for playing Magical Girls, Divine Edition
                    Yeah, that I am looking forward to!

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
                    I think catalogues of birthright would also be interesting to see in the Nexus thingie.
                    I'd like to write up something like "10 famous Guides that will help you go from Zero to Hero" or something like that.
                    That is an excellent idea for a product!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                      Yeah, that I am looking forward to!
                      Ah shit, no pressure then.

Comment

Maybe I should consider writing an Australian sourcebook. Not for the various Indigenous belief systems. More like what your average Australian yob is going to think and do when he or she finds out that she's the child or chosen of some hoity toity god from across the way.

If nothing else because the look on Donnie Rhodes' face when a guy in boardshorts, thongs, a Billabong tank top, and Oakley sunglasses flip flopping his way over, slapping him on the shoulder, and saying "Rhodesy! Welcome to Straya!" would be friggin' priceless.

Comment

There is already an FAQ online.

I am not quite clear on how using new art for Nexus publications works, though. If I were to comission art for such a publication, would it also become the property of Onyx Path upon publication like the text of the product?

That could use some clarification, as I might want to use the same art for non-Nexus publications as well.

Sunken Castles, Evil Poodles is creating Public Domain translations of German folklore!

A German Geek - my gaming blog!

Comment

Is this open yet and how do I reach it. I may not deepdive into it too much for Scion but I know that Trinity Core is on it's way to being published.

Comment

Not yet, but Soon(tm)!

Comment

Working...
                              X