Question about a possible mythological Scion of Huehuecoyotl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a possible mythological Scion of Huehuecoyotl

I had a friend ask me about a story they'd read somewhere about what sounds like a possible mythological chosen Scion of Huehuecoyotl. In the story they'd read, the Scion was originally a human woman who Huehuecoyotl became interested in romantically. He replaced her heart with copal, causing her to become immortal, and ultimately become a legendary wandering spirit figure, not too different from someone like La Llorona, but not malevolent. My friend said she was known as the "Borderwalker," which is presumably an English translation of her Nahuatl name. I'm curious, given that she sounds like a possible chosen Scion. I haven't been able to find any reliable sources describing this story, however. If anyone on here knows anything, I'd love to hear it.

This appears to be from a TV show:

https://supernatural.fandom.com/wiki/Borderwalker

Although maybe the show's writers used genuine folkloric sources as inspiration.

Sunken Castles, Evil Poodles is creating Public Domain translations of German folklore!

A German Geek - my gaming blog!

Comment

Supernatural TV series, American Gods and Tomb Raider franchise ( classical, not 2013 reboot ) are my my main inspirations for Origin Tier in Scion. On Tomb Raider we have whole separate topic. On American Gods inspirations also. And on American Gods as template for running Scion game separated ( with New Gods and all the weird of book world ).

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

"Making weird stuff up" is in the best tradition of folklore, when I contemplate some of the German folklore tales I've read...

Sunken Castles, Evil Poodles is creating Public Domain translations of German folklore!

A German Geek - my gaming blog!

Comment

Working...
        X