[2E] Gods Incarnations and Incarnate Scions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Gods Incarnations and Incarnate Scions

Had today a great dream - I was Thor's Scion ( ? ) and on the mission with band of other Scions ( probably Aesir and Theoi ). Suddenly, we were invoking our gods and channeling, losing control over our bodies, as Mantle was taking over. Thor was literally shooting thunders from my body in this dream.

Is this a thing in Scion 2E? Was those more Incarnate Scions - or direct Gods Incarnations that are unaware of who they are?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

It must be, because it’s a common aspect of some cultures: the god give part of his powers to a chosen person for some time, making the chosen his avatar for that time.

Comment

We don't know exactly how big the line is between independent Incarnate Scions and a direct Incarnation. I could definitely see room for "And all the sudden you feel the brush of THOR and gain some power"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        Had today a great dream - I was Thor's Scion ( ? ) and on the mission with band of other Scions ( probably Aesir and Theoi ). Suddenly, we were invoking our gods and channeling, losing control over our bodies, as Mantle was taking over. Thor was literally shooting thunders from my body in this dream.

Is this a thing in Scion 2E? Was those more Incarnate Scions - or direct Gods Incarnations that are unaware of who they are?
        While not the setting from the book, this sounds awesome. I would totally rule this as all Scions are Incarnates, and they are literally channelling the gods' powers through themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          I'm not 100% sure I understand all of this, so it may well be that I don't answer your question at all. But I'll try.

1.) One of the sample characters is an Incarnate who didn't realize who or what he was until it came to him as an epiphany, and he grew up in a mortal household. Given the lack of direct mechanical influence of your origin (Born, Created, Chosen, or Incarnate), it would seem to be entirely feasible to be an Incarnation unaware of the significance of what they are.

2.) Being an Incarnate Scion does mean that God is Dead. Or at least, your particular god is dead. If you were an Incarnate Scion of Thor, AFAIK, there is no greater Thor that currently exists to channel through your being.

3.) We currently lack details on what it means and/or feels like to slip between an Incarnation of a living God and the Incarnate Scion of a dead one. What I have been running with is that an Incarnation need not be aware of what they are, but upon the god's death they automatically know that a.) they were an incarnation of their particular god, b.) said god is now deceased, and c.) they are what remains of that identity.

4.) It's a game, have fun, ignore randos on the internet who tell you you're doing it wrong.

Comment

HOW do you know you are Incarnation? Like you live normally your own Earth life, from toddler being interested in electricity and building your small fortune? And then - BAM! - you think one day 'I' m Zeus! ' - this way? Or do you know from the start. You ALWAYS were Zeus - and always Jeremy McGuire, electricity magnat. Past last 200 years, looking exactly the same?
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-06-2019, 08:56 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

A type of Scion game I've been wanting to run is the gods are reincarnating into new human bodies so you play the reincarnation of a god, with a few gods still in their original body, and Demigods and lesser gods of legend as major threats.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

We'll probably know more about how Incarnations work come the God book.

And I imagine for each Incarnation and Incarnate Scion, it's different.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X