About "A Light Extinguished"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About "A Light Extinguished"

Maybe that is just silly of me, but there were some things about the adventure I didn't figure out. Like:

1. Would it be possible to get a chronological order of the events? Like, what I get:

The Bai Amaris's Band was together, doing their shenanigans, Jennifer got in.

Nobody (except maybe for Bai knows who she is Scion of).

Hikaru travels to Japan.

Bai and Francisco have a discussion.

Jennifer visits Bai and bad thing #1 happens. What really happened at Bai's house?

The PCs get to Bai's place. Police and investigation follow from there.

2. What are the clues found in Bai's and (maybe) Hikaru's places? (Linen, flesh and resin, basically). Really. I had no idea what are they or why they are important clues to the investigation. I suppose the idea is to think: "Mummies had been here", but that makes me think: "Simple mummies killed the Luminary?". One personal version of what happened is that Jennifer was to Bai's place (maybe even by her own invite), and then Jennifer uses the Solar Disk, making an explosion of light that causes the fading the wallpaper mentioned. It also kills Bai. So, where the linen, resin and salty flesh came from?

3. It's also mentioned that Jennifer suffered a trauma (Hikaru says that). What is that?

I know, many things are "left to the SG to decide", but, personally, I don't like when the text of the adventure says: "It should be clear by now what happened". No! As a GM, I feel like I should know exactly what happened. And sometimes I can be dumb. So, please, tell me what I am missing.
    Last edited by Hayashi; 07-16-2019, 04:10 PM. Reason: Editing for aditional questions.

Where did you get a copy of the adventure?

Comment

its available you the Backerskit site.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayashi View Post
        Jennifer visits Bai and bad thing #1 happens. What really happened at Bai's house?
        Bai died. Obviously. If I had to guess, Jennifer struck suddenly, some Sun Powers were used, but Jennifer managed to get in a lethal blow relatively quickly.

2. What are the clues found in Bai's and (maybe) Hikaru's places? (Linen, flesh and resin, basically) ... So, where the linen, resin and salty flesh came from?
        ... Mummies? Also, I don't see any signs of those physical clues being at Hikaru's place during the interview portion. There ARE options for having linen and resin appear in traces when interviewing Jennifer.

Like, the linens are from the mummy wrappings, the salty flesh are flesh flakes from the mummies, and resin was used for embalming when performing mummification. Mummies Servitors are kind of Jennifer's Thing, even moreso than anything sun-related.

Now there IS linen mentioned in the description of Hikaru's house, but it says 'The smell of fresh linens', which I took more to mean the smell of clean sheets, rather than old resin-soaked linens from mummy bandages.

3. It's also mentioned that Jennifer suffered a trauma (Hikaru says that). What is that?
        I mean, Jennifer's patron is an aggressive Sun Titan who wants to become the sole God of the Netjer. Like... Take a guess. Hikaru was probably underestimating Jennifer's total number of issues.

I know, many things are "left to the SG to decide", but, personally, I don't like when the text of the adventure says: "It should be clear by now what happened". No! As a GM, I feel like I should know exactly what happened. And sometimes I can be dumb. So, please, tell me what I am missing.
        Okay, this is what I managed to piece together from the hints.

So let's turn back to the previous night. After Bai had her meeting with Francisco, Jennifer arrives and is let in, because Bai has a soft spot for the girl and is trying to keep her safe from Aten.

However, Aten has been goading and threatening Jennifer, and tells her that he'll leave her alone if she gives to him an offering of a powerful Sun Scion. Preferably one of the Netjer. Oh hey, Bai!

Now, Bai isn't expecting sweet scared Jennifer to do something so reckless and threaten her. There's a struggle, a flash of light... If I had to reconstruct, I'd say that Jennifer summoned at least one mummy, and Bai countered with a Sun Blast Marvel, which dusted the mummies (thus leaving traces of linen, flesh, and resin) and thus bleached the wallpaper. However, Jennifer managed to slip in and, I dunno, stab her enough to critically wound her, and a few more stabs finished the job.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I came to the same conclusion as to what happened. Personally, I imagined it more bludgeony and less stabby, but that's just personal gut feeling.

I have a few questions about the the relics of the premade characters in the supplement, though.
          Hassan's Guides: Finally! Some descriptions, hooray! But what are their guide skills. For Loki, I'd probably say Subterfuge and Persuasion? And for Hel, I don't know, survival and athletics? While I'm speculating, I'd probably use leadership for Emmanuel's guide.
          Sigrun's Staff and Rhiannon's Hotkey: Shouldn't these be 5 dot relics? 2 points for 1e general, an additional for 1e specific, and then 2 for purviews? This is further elucidated by Emmanuel's Knife, which does follow this build.
          Preceptor Drona: Shouldn't this be 3, not 4 as written? It removed 2 parts of the Preceptor's guide bonuses from the book.

Comment

Working...
          X