Feeling a bit skeptical about Dragon now to be honest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

The mere fact you say all myths are true you are disrespecting the fact that all myths claim to be the only one true. The mere fact we are talking about inter-pantheon politics or fictional cults is a disrespect to the real religions and to the original research done by OPP, yet, it’s implicit to the setting.

In the end, Dragon will not break your game any more than adding Aesirs to your game. The fact that the dragons fought a war against the gods is as real as the fact that they didn’t, because ALL myths are real, and the big war from dragons myths is as real as the absence of it from the other myths.
    Well said, and I believe that was the point I was ultimately trying to get to. Just didn't know how to accurately word it, unfortunately.

Comment

I think people need to chill. It is a game and if someone wants to play with only the Theoi to replicate Percy Jackson and simply don't use many of the rules they can, the same if someone wants to make this game a kitchen sink and add everything to it.

I haven't thought about the possibility of Dragons and now I see it is a great idea! I will certainly incorporate in my games because the people I play said that it would be nice to have some other kind of antagonist to the gods that are not Titans.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxcelot View Post
        I think people need to chill. It is a game and if someone wants to play with only the Theoi to replicate Percy Jackson and simply don't use many of the rules they can, the same if someone wants to make this game a kitchen sink and add everything to it.

Didn't the Ragnarok book operate under the idea that only the Norse mythology existed?

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
          Didn't the Ragnarok book operate under the idea that only the Norse mythology existed?
          Don’t know if that’s the initial objective, but you can read it that way with no issues...

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

Comment

I think if a thread has been dead for almost two months they're somewhat "chill". Also most of the conversations turned positive once additional details and context were provided.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

I, for one, welcome our new Dragon King overlords.

More seriously, this sounds like an interesting book. While the idea of how dragons might fit in to a world full of gods gives a lot to play with, I'm mainly eager to see how this works as a sort of stand alone thing where dragons go out into the world and do dragony things in a suitably epic fashion.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

I didn't saw the timestamp and wasn't my intention to be aggressive, I think I failed a perception roll (oh, we don't have perception rolls in Scion 2e). I think it will be awesome the idea of dragons and even we could have a scenario similar "in spirit" to Fireborn RPG.

Now I want badly to see what types of "purviews" or similar rules Dragons will have because I want to use them as antagonists :v

Comment

Sorry for the necromancy but I do want to ask, these Kick starters got delayed and I didn't miss them?
                  I'm eagerly awaiting Dragon. What can I say I love the idea. There are many myths about dragons from them being dumb beasts to beings with power equal to a titan, to even being beings who can make Pantheons respond with "Oh Shit It's Awake!", gives me a happy feeling and a desire to include Dragon Scions in my game both as antagonists and as player characters. So please don't tell me I missed my shot to back this.

Comment

There have been no Kickstarters for Dragon or Mythos. As far as I know, there aren't going to be any, either — though if I'm wrong, I'll be among the first to pledge.

Comment

They haven't been canceled though right?

Comment

No, they haven't been canceled.

Comment

I'm pondering the idea of a character whose backstory is that their mom (or dad) was kidnapped by a dragon and they ended up falling in love. I'm hoping that is doable.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

No One of Consequence I love your idea! Can’t wait for Dragons.

In D&D, Fionnghuala is the goddess of Swan Maidens. Fionnghuala is also the Irish version of Penelope.

Comment

For the shen i had the idea of making a dragon related character.
                              The concept is Most Dutiful Son of Ao Guang.
                              As the concept state he is the son of the dragon ao guang and he has been tasked by his father to retrieve stolen relics.
                              To do so he ask the help of Confucius who used to be his teacher growing up. Thus becoming a chosen scion of confucius.
                              Ill be curious to revisit the character when the dragon book is out.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 1 year old son.

Comment

Originally posted by HaplessWithDice View Post
                                They haven't been canceled though right?

It's currently in manuscript approval. You can always check a project's status on the Monday Meeting Notes. Here's a link to the most recent one: http://theonyxpath.com/vital-vigil-v...meeting-notes/

Comment

Working...
                                X