Virtues of forthcoming Pantheons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtues of forthcoming Pantheons?

So Scion now has unique opposing/complimentary Virtues for each Pantheon. Has there been any mention - or idle speculation - of what Virtues any of the future Pantheons will have?

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Alas, not that I'm aware of. None of the Companion or future Demigod Pantheons have had their virtues detailed.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

We’re probably gonna have to wait till the books are practically finished

Comment

Alas. I figure one of the Persian ones will have to do with Truth or the like. I'm hard pressed to think of any others. I'm very curious to see the Atlantis ones and the discussion of how they were decided on.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
          Alas. I figure one of the Persian ones will have to do with Truth or the like. I'm hard pressed to think of any others. I'm very curious to see the Atlantis ones and the discussion of how they were decided on.
          Are we getting an atlantean pantheon?

Comment

Originally posted by Penguinbowler View Post
            According to the initial announcements, they will be used in the Companion as the example of how to create your own pantheon. Hence why I'm interested to see the thought process that goes in to deciding such things. (It is also supposed to include the Persians as a new pantheon, the Loa as an example of an offshoot/related pantheon, and the Gauls as a "dead" one that could be brought back, likely as a result of PC actions. Then totally new batches of pantheons in Demigod and God, though I can't recall which if any were announced.)

Comment

Originally posted by Penguinbowler View Post
              Adding to what NOoC said, they’re being designed as a Kirby homage. Neall jokingly called them “the New Gods of Wakanda”.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Really, using the Atlantean Gods as an example of How To Build A Pantheon is a good middle ground.

On one hand, the building example is going to, due to wordcount, downplay the cultural research that would go into making a full Pantheon of a real-world religion. 1e made a rather slapdash Slavic Pantheon as its Build A Pantheon example, and the only research seemed to be like three seconds of Wikipedia and having read American Gods once.

Another point is that well... Some people disliked the Atlanteon Pantheon in 1e, resenting that the game committed wordcount to this made up Pantheon of rather dull Gods instead of say, writing up another group of Gods from real history. (Let's just set aside the overall quality of the Pantheon writeups in 1e not being great). So yeah, some people wouldn't want to put the Atlantean Gods in Scion, not as a fully-integrated Pantheon presented as being as equally real in the main World as the Deva or the Theoi.

Another point is that some people find Atlantis really cool. Like, the idea of this lost city and its Gods is an interesting one, and some people would want that.

So presenting the Pantheon as a semi-canon option of "So we walked you through making a Pantheon... And y'know while this Pantheon isn't assumed to be canon for mainline Scion, y'know, if you WANT it to be, here's some things you can use to say they are-" is really a good middle ground.

Alas, while we have a couple Gods written up and Neall's been a cheeky lad and mentioned a few tidbits here and there... None of them have been Virtues.

For those curious, the additional tidbits I know about the Teros:

Their Pantheon Signature Purview is called Demiurgy. Its Boons are called God-Sight and Hypertech Upgrade. What do any of these do? No clue.

Their Pantheon Motif for Marvels is "Sufficiently Advanced Technology is indistinguishable from a Miracle"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Yeah, that sounds pretty Kirbyish. It's got New Gods/Eternals all over it. I'd be kind of amused if one of their Virtues was Awesomeness.

And when other Scions sense them, it's the smell of Silver Age comics mixed with the cracklings of ozone from Kirby Dots.

Comment

The Atlantean Virtues are Nostalgia and Vision.

Neall Raemonn Price
                    Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Neall View Post
                      VERY appreciated, Neall, thank you kindly!

Now all I need to make a basic functioning Teros Scion is the Pantheon Path Skills, and maybe the Innate Power of their PSP.

Comment

Originally posted by Neall View Post
                        Ooh, interesting. I can see a lot of potential with those.

Comment

So like idealized past versus idealized future? That sounds interesting

Comment

A bit of Orisha overlap there, but no more so than multiple other pantheons having variants of “being a good person” vs “being a good member of society” as their Virtues create overlap with each other.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                            X