Interpantheon politics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interpantheon politics

One thing that i really like about scion that i don't see more "all myths are true" settings do is try and formulate the politics of different pantheons, with showing how they'd interact with one another. Kami, Shen, and Devas are all on good terms with one another, almost everyone dislikes the way the Theoi act, with only the Netjer really enjoying their company, the Devas and the Yazatas loathe each other, just because one pantheon likes one doesn't mean they are liked back.

I really like this dynamic between the gods, sometimes individual gods might muck around with another pantheon, like Indra trying to boss around Olympians because he views himself as Zeus' equal do to their similarities. Any other really good interactions between the gods you guys would love to see?

Maybe Apollo visiting the Celts for a time, because I have yet to encounter a single piece of Irish music that I didn't enjoy!

Comment

My personal head canon is that Set, Ares, and Loki, tend to hang out together from time to time, getting up to trouble while complaining about being cast as the pantheon bad guy up until they need someone to do the dirty work and then back to being the bad guy when they aren't needed anymore. The last time this happened was 1950s California, and led to the formation of the Lords of Chaos motorcycle club/cult, which Hunter S Thompson spent two years with before writing a book about it.
      Last edited by No One of Consequence; 07-22-2019, 04:42 PM.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

And their team motto is:
        "We are Bad Gods, but it doesn't mean we are bad gods"

Comment

You sure you don't want to throw Hermes in the mix? I'm pretty sure Hermes and Loki are dating (or dated and are now just amicable exes)

Comment

I always felt God relations and rivalry's should shift between Storytellers as everyone envisions their games differently. So one game may have had Loki trick all the Pantheons at one point and another would have it he's not as clever as he would like to be and has kept his chicanery reigned in to an extent to not alienate himself by say being Omniscent Gazed by Ra who foils a random prank.

But with that Said Heracles and Thor is my classic God to who is the strongest Rivalry! And I like the idea of the Buddhist Gods Crossing Pantheons. I like the Idea Yamaraja is perhaps the most successful underworld God with three Major Pantheon Underworlds under his wing, as well as numerous other Pantheons he touches upon. It would be interesting to see how Izanami would react to the Lord of the Dead of her Island of Nihon, or how Pluto views such a rival as being greater and wealthier then him, or how Baron Samedi in general reacts to other Gods of Death.

And I think Sun Gods are an excellent example of Gods who would be hella interesting to gather in one spot. How Does Helios and Apollo get along? What happens when they visit Ra, Horus or Amaterasu?

Gods of Death and the Sun I find the most interesting to see interact, followed by War and Tricksters.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post
              You sure you don't want to throw Hermes in the mix? I'm pretty sure Hermes and Loki are dating (or dated and are now just amicable exes)
              That is part of Loki's other social activity. Every hundred years or so, a bunch of trickster gods get together to pull a heist. Like the time they made off with El Dorado.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Also, The Divine Matriarch Tea Society, founded by Hera, Frigg, and Het-Here in the early 19th century as a way to foster better relations between their pantheons. Various goddesses from different pantheons - including Parvati and Sarasvati, Amaterasu and Ama-no-Uzame, Yamaha-Oboto and Oshun, and Muzzu-Kumik-Quae, among others - have drifted in and out of the group over the past two centuries. They meet the afternoon of every New Moon, unless it falls on a Sunday, in which case they have brunch. Interesting Scions - each member has their own idea of what defines "interesting" - who catch one of the goddesses' attention are invited to attend tea. Those who conduct themselves in appropriate fashion can gain the Society's patronage and perhaps even membership when their Legend grows to be impressive enough.

Comment

The Earth Recovery Alliance is a loose collection of environmental groups - charities, conservatories, research laboratories, lobbying groups, and those of a much more "direct action" mindset - all devoted to saving the planet and the biosphere. They are all also mystery cults devoted to various deities of nature. Exactly which god or goddess each group ultimately serves usually ties into its focus. The North Sea Shield, for example, is devoted to combating overfishing, industrial/agricultural runoff, illegal dumping, and whaling in the waters off of Scandinavia, the United Kingdom and the Low Countries, with its inner circle worships Njordr. Meanwhile, the Chloris Foundation is a think tank and agricultural research group dedicated to sustainable crop development, organic farming research, and environmentally sound ways of fighting drought, soil erosion, and runoff. They also serve Demeter and Persephone (as well as other Theoi agricultural deities). The Thunderbird Society fight for Native American/First Nations land rights and protection, openly worshiping Muzzu-Kumik-Quae and the other Manitou. Dozens of other groups span the globe. While each group is independent of each other, the activities of ERA help them coordinate activities when their interests overlap, while also trying to foster greater cooperation between environmentally active Heroes and others.

Comment

The Foundation for Law and Good Governance, also known as FLAGG or simply "The Foundation", an NGO/think tank founded in the early 80s by a number of wealthy philanthropist benefactors. Its stated goal is to advance the ideals equality under the law, both in protection and enforcement, transparency and honesty in government and its officials, and combating corruption and cronyism. It also employs Heroes and other agents to deal with threats to their ideals that come from mythical enemies and other criminals "who operate above the law". The Foundation is the brainchild of Athena, Heru, Tyr and Eriu as a means of fostering relations between the four pantheons and advancing shared ideas about mortal governance, and they remain its primary patrons. By the late 80s, the Foundation began operating in Japan, under the auspices of Hachiman and Bishamon, and in Hong Kong and Taiwan under Guan Yu and Huangdi (with Confucius also constantly butting in with critiques). In the current century, dialogs have also been opened with Quetzalcoatl in Mexico and Vishnu in India, among others around the world. (The Manitou have generally rebuffed contacts, having no reason to trust anything about the White Man's ideas of law and government, but the Orenda - specifically Ioskeha - have been somewhat more open. Efforts to negotiate with the Orisha tend to go through Oshun, who has yet to make up her mind about the group.)
                    Last edited by No One of Consequence; 08-12-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

The Divine War College, created by Athena and Guan Yu during the 14th century, partially as a reaction to the stunning success of the Mongol Empire(s), but also as a way of furthering Athena's curiosity about the Middle Kingdom that goes back to the Greco-Bactrin encounters with the Han. It has received additional input from interested parties among the Irish, Egyptian, Persian, Indian, and Japanese pantheons, among others. The school teaches martial disciplines, with a special focus on tactics, strategy, logistics and the philosophy of war. Its lessons draw upon the Art of War and numerous other texts, as well as practical experience from some of history's greatest commanders. Being invited to study there is considered a high honor for any military oriented Hero.

Comment

If you're familiar with the Tanrilar (the Mongol-Turkic Pantheon which MorsRattus did a write-up of) what is the Divine War College's modern relation to them? They're kind of what you'd expect from a Mongol pantheon in the sense that they would love to fight anyone.

Comment

And in other news, the Gods have seen an explosive rise in the amount of sorcerers popping up within disgruntled teens of today. Further investigation has discovered that said teens are members of the Gothic sub-culture, who are believed to be placing curses on those who have wronged them in the past.

Myth Hunter societies like Finding Bigfoot and Ghost Facers are now fully recognized investigative organizations, with both funding and training provided by the government.

Comment

Originally posted by Wannabe Demon Lord View Post
                            If you're familiar with the Tanrilar (the Mongol-Turkic Pantheon which MorsRattus did a write-up of) what is the Divine War College's modern relation to them? They're kind of what you'd expect from a Mongol pantheon in the sense that they would love to fight anyone.
                            At this point, I figure some of the have been a part of it.

I admit that, in my head canon, the War College really owes a lot of its existence to Athena developing whatever the purely intellectual version of a crush is for Guan Yu back when he was a mortal general.

Comment

Working...
                            X