CharOp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CharOp?

Is there any sort of Scion character optimisation community anywhere? I quite like diving into the mechanics of games and working out how to fit them together well, but there seems to be very little in the way of online community around. This forum is more or less it, as far as I can tell.

I'm not aware of any. Scion 2e isn't really a game that has much to offer the CharOp crowd.

Comment

The only thing to optimise is the Skills picking, basically you need to think about the skill dots from each path so you get the focus you want in each skill. Well, it’s not a big deal.
      There are also the knacks and booms, but... well... they are pretty straight forward too...
      In the end, you just need to think about the character concept and embrace it, want a warrior, get combat skills and combat powers, want a magician, focus on purviews and knacks use, and so on.

Honestly, in this game your character IS optimised by default, as long you don’t give him the skills, booms and knacks that are useless for your character concept.

Comment

You don't actually want to be too good at everything you attempt, since failing rolls is one of the easier ways you get the fuel for some of your cool powers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          You don't actually want to be too good at everything you attempt, since failing rolls is one of the easier ways you get the fuel for some of your cool powers.
          That’s true, being bad at things can help your team too...

Comment

Honestly, characters being over powered was a major problem in 1e. From what I understand, dumping your XP into Epic Dexterity made you nigh invincible, once you started hitting Demigod levels. Since epic attributes gave you upwards of 40+ automatic successes, the only way to effectively counter them was to have a similar character build to whoever you were fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
              Honestly, characters being over powered was a major problem in 1e. From what I understand, dumping your XP into Epic Dexterity made you nigh invincible, once you started hitting Demigod levels. Since epic attributes gave you upwards of 40+ automatic successes, the only way to effectively counter them was to have a similar character build to whoever you were fighting.
              There were definitely some stacking issues with Epic Dexterity + Untouchable Opponent + Fight With Your Head + Animal Aspect, etc... but the game played more like Rock, Paper, Scissors. There was no way to defend against everything, which was oddly liberating since you could then play anything without worrying about it too much. Flushing XP down the toilet was a much more sneaky/evil issue in 1E.

Comment

Working...
              X