Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantean Pantheon in 2E

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Atlantean Pantheon in 2E

    Notice: No need for voicing dislikes over this Pantheon - this topic is about using it in games. Don't like Atlanteans - just move away from here.

    Topic about how to use Atlantean Pantheon that will have premiere for 2E in Scion Companion: Mysteries of the World. We have first preview on it in blog post about creating your own Pantheons.

    I'm great fan of pulp and Mage: The Awakening - and wanting to use Atlanteans in my game. I think about making it 'first Pantheon of the World' - where rest of live Pantheons sprung from. Could it be run like this in Scion 2E, without large clashes with rest of setting?


    My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

  • #2
    When first hearing of Atlantis in Scion, my brain picked on the idea of the island being something known for a long time but not considered that special.

    Essentially it is a normal island in the middle of the Atlantic. Its single strange feature is a very tall featureless spire in the exact middle of the island but it hasnt done anything for the past several centuries. So while it is mysterious, lack of any development or any possibility of interaction made it so that most people assumes its unsolvable.
    In modern days estate development have acquired the island and multiple resort hotels have been built on the island and there is a very kitsch "atlantis for tourist" culture there.

    Im still not sure if ill use it in a game but i really like the concept. Maybe pre-visitation scions there on vacation or something. Ill figure something out eventually.


    Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 2year old daughter anf a 1 year old son.

    Comment


    • #3
      I like the idea of the Teros, but I wouldn't be the one to say they were the first religion. Certainly not definitively. I mean, they say that Atlantis was the first city, but the Deva say that this World is but the latest cycle and it'll go through even more of them. The Theoi claim this is the Fifth age, after the Reign of Kronos. Most Pantheons have their own stories about how they shaped the World from nothing, and you know what? They're all right.

      So... Having the Atlantis Gods in Scion? Great. I probably will.

      Trying to say they're better than the other Pantheons in any definitive way is really missing the point of the gameline.

      As for running the Teros in your game, I think the Companion will have some advise. That Atlantis is an island that long ago used its miracle technology to fold space in on itself, vanishing the island from the World at large. It exists, but isolated, and stagnant.


      Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

      Comment


      • #4
        Atlantis is an Ancient city. They fight the Wraiths of the past, abandoned by the population...
        And Jason Momoa is there, as a king or as a warrior, not sure...

        I liked a lot the Atlantean pantheon and purview from 1e, actually I had a plan to use it as an old adversary of the Netjer (in a way similar to Vanir and Aesir) that eventually vanished when Atlantis was destroyed by the water Titan.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
          Atlantis is an Ancient city. They fight the Wraiths of the past, abandoned by the population...
          And Jason Momoa is there, as a king or as a warrior, not sure...
          With Kevin Sorbo as his aging father or mentor (for those old enough to remember that movie...).


          What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
            With Kevin Sorbo as his aging father or mentor (for those old enough to remember that movie...).
            Don’t get off topic, he is from another pantheon... but I think you are right, there is something about Atlantis... 😂

            Comment


            • #7
              Rift off Mage the Awakening and have Atlantis scattered. Many different places in the World are shadows and remnants of Atlantis. Many different peoples carry the true blood of Atlantis. The Gods of Atlantis are neither living nor dead but exist as scraps of story and distored shadows in pop culture.

              Comment


              • #8
                I’m inclined not use the Atlantan Pantheon for the World, though they do sound really cool from what we’ve heard. My inclination for the World is to make the submerged ruins of Atlantis Theoi Terra-Incognita where Poseidon holds his personal court away from Olympus.

                I haven’t come up with what if anything i’m going to do with the Teros, but I have a seed of an idea that might involve the Masks of the Mythos mechanics as well.


                Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't own Scion 2e but i own all 1e and if they bring back Atlantis in a book I know I'll buy tgat book which means I will but the core books.

                  Also having the First Deities of Atlantis being Time and Space is BRILLIANT! So much greatness. Same with the idea of a hidden space folding island city.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

                    Don’t get off topic, he is from another pantheon... but I think you are right, there is something about Atlantis... 😂
                    I mean that movie he was in.


                    What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As a question from someone who doesn't follow Scion 2e news do we have any active information on the Atlantis pantheon. Now, I do know they don't give dates for book releases but do know what book its in and where said book is on the spectrum of being written and stuff?

                      Additionally, do we have any fan made or mini-official versions of the Atlantis pantheon?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                        As a question from someone who doesn't follow Scion 2e news do we have any active information on the Atlantis pantheon. Now, I do know they don't give dates for book releases but do know what book its in and where said book is on the spectrum of being written and stuff?

                        Additionally, do we have any fan made or mini-official versions of the Atlantis pantheon?
                        The blog post at the top of the thread was our last in depth update, but their Virtues have been mentioned (Nostalgia and Vision), and the general aesthetic of their pantheon motif/PSP which is Clarke’s Law sufficiently advanced technology with crystal-tech, laser harmonics, nanites, etc to perform their miracles.

                        They’re very intentionally a Jack Kirby Homage with Atlantis itself evoking Wakanda, and their deities being cosmic “New Gods” style.
                        Last edited by glamourweaver; 08-29-2019, 10:54 PM.


                        Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

                          The blog post at the top of the thread was our last in depth update, but their Virtues have been mentioned (Nostalgia and Vision), and the general aesthetic of their pantheon motif/PSP which is Clarke’s Law sufficiently advanced technology with crystal-tech, laser harmonics, nanites, etc to perform their miracles.

                          They’re very intentionally a Jack Kirby Homage with Atlantis itself evoking Wakanda, and their deities being cosmic “New Gods” style.
                          Oh lord, I think I am in love. That sounds PERFECT and awesome and I want. I want. I want. To the point that even though I don't own Scion 2e I will buy said book and then probably will go out and buy Scion 2e almost immediately afterward just to be able to use Atlantis stuff.

                          This stuff is brilliant. Thanks for telling me what we know. I appreciate it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LordHeru View Post

                            Oh lord, I think I am in love. That sounds PERFECT and awesome and I want. I want. I want. To the point that even though I don't own Scion 2e I will buy said book and then probably will go out and buy Scion 2e almost immediately afterward just to be able to use Atlantis stuff.

                            This stuff is brilliant. Thanks for telling me what we know. I appreciate it.
                            I confess I want to use it for Adventure! as well as Scion, but I also know I'm going to write a crossover between Trinity and Scion at one point, so that might count for less.


                            Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Other things I know from Tidbits gathered for the 2e Atlantis Pantheon

                              Pantheon: The Teros
                              Pantheon Virtues: Nostalgia vs Vision
                              Pantheon Motif: Sufficiently Advanced Technology is Indistinguishable From a Miracle
                              Pantheon Signature Purview: Demiurgy
                              Boons Names
                              • God-Sight
                              • Hypertech Upgrade
                              Alas, we don't know what the mechanics of Demiurgy and its Boons are... Nor do we know the Asset Skills for the Teros Pantheon Path.


                              Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X