Help me brainstorm some ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me brainstorm some ideas

So, I'm going to be running a game soon for some friends. I have the beginnings of a plot in mind, with a few primary antagonists, just need some help fleshing things out. If y'all would be so kind as to help? I need plot threads for players to chase, sub-villains and arch-villains, recurring mook baddies, and some friendlies to help them out.

One of the Monkeys of the Second Sun from the Teotl has slipped into the world. He has made contact with Apep with the intent of destroying the Sun and plunging the world into eternal darkness. I know he's going to make liberal use of Giants of the First Sun (all played by Joseph Gatt), with an aid from a scion-gone-bad of Skadi.

I know I want a part of the plot, and probably a major part, being that the Monkey has pinpointed a newly-born (or soon-to-be-born) Scion of Re and plans to use it as a sacrifice to give Apep the power to finally devour the sun.

Anyone have any ideas to help me take this from idea to fully fleshed-out plot? Any gods you think would no-doubt be on the Monkey's team? Basically anything to help me out?

There is a meteor called Apophis (another name for Apep) set to pass near the earth in 2029.
    Maybe something with that and the star demons (tzitzimime?) of aztec mythology?

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les L├ęgendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 2year old daughter anf a 1 year old son.

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
      There is a meteor called Apophis (another name for Apep) set to pass near the earth in 2029.
      Maybe something with that and the star demons (tzitzimime?) of aztec mythology?
      I do love me some Itzpapalotl.

Comment

Lasombras, the secretive Titan cult of the Monkeys of the Second Sun, whose members hold positions of power and prestige within Mexico's government, military, entertainment industry, business community, Catholic Church, and criminal underworld.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
          Lasombras, the secretive Titan cult of the Monkeys of the Second Sun, whose members hold positions of power and prestige within Mexico's government, military, entertainment industry, business community, Catholic Church, and criminal underworld.
          Is this in one of the books and I've missed it?

Comment

No, I just made them up off the top of my head. Thou the name is from one of Vampire's clans, which sort of inspired it. But it seemed like a good idea for some sort of telanovela/luchador movie inspired villain cabal.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

*Looks at thread title* Do they need to be good ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X