Asset Skills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset Skills

Search isn’t giving me a way to just search this forum so apologies if this isn’t a new question:

What’s an asset skill? What makes those skills you get from your pantheon asset skills rather than just the skills you get from your pantheon path?

In Hero it says the your guide grants asset skills. It specifically says you don’t get a +1 in them. Why is that necessary to say? I see nothing in Origin (the core rules) about asset skills granting a +1.

Asset Skills are just ways to say Skills linked to something, in these cases Paths or Guides.

Path Asset Skills are those three skills linked to your Path. In Chargen, they allocate your Skill spread depending on the Path's rank to you.

Guide Asset Skills don't grant you improvements to your Skill rank, which is why they establish that so you don't go thinking that you get points in those Skills for having a Guide. Instead, your Guide Asset Skills determine which Skills you can use the Guide's Stunt with.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I think the skills also have something to do when you invoke your guide as a path. I can't recall the specifics tho.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 2year old daughter anf a 1 year old son.

Comment

Thank you
        10char

Comment

There's a few things, though they don't always make sure to specify the word "asset." Invoking a Twist of Fate applies to a Path Asset Skill roll, but the Twist of Fate section just says Path Skills.

Comment

It’s odd then that I don’t recall ever seeing a path skill referred to as an asset skill except for the 2 pantheon path skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
              There's a few things, though they don't always make sure to specify the word "asset." Invoking a Twist of Fate applies to a Path Asset Skill roll, but the Twist of Fate section just says Path Skills.
              I can’t actually find anything in the book that restricts Twist of Fate to path skills. It doesn’t even imply it anywhere. Quite the opposite—it says any plausibly related skill roll.

Comment

While I did mistype in that Twists of Fate aren't rolled, "Relate them to facts that stem from the Skills of the Path and what the character would reasonably know."

Comment

Where is that? I looked and it’s all very general in my copy of the PDF and focuses on the path concept as a whole, not specifically the 3 skills.

Comment

The last paragraph on page 99 of Origins.

Comment

Working...
                    X