Knacks & Purviews balance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
    The easier way to tell if Odin is lying is to check and see if his mouth is moving.
    I thought it was to see if the day ended in a "Y".

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

I thought it was to see if the day ended in a "Y".
      Indeed. Odin don’t need to move his mouth to lie...

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

Indeed. Odin don’t need to move his mouth to lie...
        I heard he can do it just by twitching his nose, Bewitched style.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Can't trust anything with Odin.
          The eye that we see is a glass eye, his real eye is under the eyepatch. :P

Currently running: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 2year old daughter and a newborn son.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Snit View Post
            I don't see why you would treat something as potentially important as a Scion as though it were just a scrub; they shouldn't be common enough to be thrown away like that. Other thugs, bosses, and assorted monsters, sure. But not Scions.
            I have a band of 8 scions as the main opponents in my ongoing game. I statted one of them up as a full character, and the rest as Nemeses, because that one is the powerful ringleader, but also because the others tend only to appear in one or two brief confrontations, otherwise being behind-the-scenes characters. It's worked pretty well.

Comment

Here's something I think I should comment on. There's this mindset that the Antagonists are automatically weaker than a PC. In my experience... Frankly? Not really.

Yeah, if you make a Mook, who goes down if you hit them, then yeah, they're gonna be weaker. But with the right Flairs and Qualities, maybe a couple Purviews for the sake of Marvels, antagonists can be just as powerful as PCs. They're antagonists, they don't need to be as COMPLEX as PCs.

Your Fire Scion Antagonist doesn't need Heavenly Fire to shoot fire from their eyes, they just need a Flair that lets them do so.
              Last edited by Kyman201; 09-10-2019, 02:48 PM.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Also, you can give access to a purview and use all the marvels he needs, no explanation to the players. That’s exactly the point of an adversary not following the same rules, they can be as good as needed.

Comment

Working...
                X