Children of Titans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children of Titans?

Ok so I don’t know if this has been covered yet buuuutttt...

Any idea on how to play a Scion of a Titan? Given that 2E has (in multiple instances) said that Titans are not always the bad guys, and are sometimes incorporated into the divine pantheons (see: Greek, Chinese, Norse, etc), what if we want to play one of their kids?

Full disclosure: I’ve been reading Circe by Madeline Miller and hop boy am I inspired to play a modern day Circe type character. Possibly a Scion of Helios, but maybe one of Selene instead in order to play up a mirror aspect instead.

Has anyone figured out how to do this with the current ruleset? Or will I have to wait for Titanomachy? Or...?

Let me know what y’all think.

it sounds like they’ll work largely the same way as normal Scions other than Titan Virtues being in play and some new Callings in Titanomachy (though some specific gods may have some of those as well, like Shiva and Kali can likely access or pass on the Destroyer Calling).

there was talk at one point that Titan Scions might tend to be more physically inhuman, but I think that’s looking like a specific result of those who take Monster Knacks rather than something inherent for all Titan Scions. As neither Helios or his sisters would have Monster, not really relevant. If they have any Titan Callings it will be Primeval - the one to literally BE the natural phenomena you are god of.

I’d guess Helios and Selene both have the Submission Virtue and a Theoi Virtue? Kinship might explain Helios fucking up like he did with with Phaeton.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

It may sound a bit misinformed, but, where did you get the callings from titanomachy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
        It may sound a bit misinformed, but, where did you get the callings from titanomachy?
        Writers on the Discord: Adversary, Destroyer, Monster, Primeval, and Tyrant

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
          it sounds like they’ll work largely the same way as normal Scions other than Titan Virtues being in play and some new Callings in Titanomachy (though some specific gods may have some of those as well, like Shiva and Kali can likely access or pass on the Destroyer Calling).
          Maybe I missed something by skimming through the book so far. But from what I saw, each Titan is associated with only a single Purview, as opposed to the Gods which can have multiple ones. So unless they operate similarly to 1st edition, where a Titan was presented as having skill in every purview that did not directly oppose its nature (Fire and Water, for example), I think the children of Titans would be heavily dependent on Relics and Birthrights to expand their range of abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Maybe I missed something by skimming through the book so far. But from what I saw, each Titan is associated with only a single Purview, as opposed to the Gods which can have multiple ones. So unless they operate similarly to 1st edition, where a Titan was presented as having skill in every purview that did not directly oppose its nature (Fire and Water, for example), I think the children of Titans would be heavily dependent on Relics and Birthrights to expand their range of abilities.
            I heard on the scuttlebutt that some Titans may have a primary Purview, and may have some associations of other similar Purviews.

That said, you say that as though Scions of Gods don't use Relics and Guides to get more Purviews outside of their Inherited one.

Also, the sample adventure "A Light Extinguished" features a Scion who works for a Titan. Not quite the same as a Titan Scion.

How I'll likely do it is that if you're a Scion whose Patron is a Titan you'll probably treat them similar to having a God for a Patron. Inherit a Purview, maybe pick up one of the Titan Callings... The Titan Virtues are possible but TBH I don't really like the Titan Virtues.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

That said, you say that as though Scions of Gods don't use Relics and Guides to get more Purviews outside of their Inherited one.
              Well, at the time I was thinking about the concept of Titans being ruled by their Purviews, instead of the other way around. Was trying to rationalize how the Titan might come into possession of a relic offering access to additional purviews, if they didn't have an inherent connection to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

The book does not say they have only one purview. It says their behavior are dominated by one. As far as we know they are no less able to wield multiple purviews than Gods are.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

The book does not say they have only one purview. It says their behavior are dominated by one. As far as we know they are no less able to wield multiple purviews than Gods are.

Ah, then I must have been misinterpreting it. The book was probably stating which purview they're dominated by.

Comment

Working...
                  X